DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Knukoncepts- 0 gauge power wire (CCA) in Silver or Blue $1.50 per ft when purchased in a 25' or 50' roll.

Knukonceptz product detail for KLMX KABLE 1/0 METALLIC BLUE POWER / GROUND CABLE - 25 FEET
Knukonceptz product detail for KLMX KABLE 1/0 SILVER PEARL POWER / GROUND CABLE - 25 FEET

The KLMX Kable 1/0 Metallic Blue Cable offers improved flexibility over the Original 'KLM' Series and a rugged PVC outer jacket that is impervious to grease and oil. The PVC outer jacket can with-stand the extreme temperatures (-40 to 105 C) and capable loads of 250A. Price is per 25 feet. Buy two and get one continuous 50' section and so on....

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just be aware that this is the CCA stuff and not pure copper for those that care. Hell of deal for 1/0.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I got all excited when I got the email and then I saw that it was CCA. :(
I've had it installed for the past year from my ground distro in the back to the battery under the hood with zero issues. I figured I would give it a try in the real world to see if there are any problems with none to report so far.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got all excited when I got the email and then I saw that it was CCA. :(

Yeah, I probably shoulda added that to the initial post. Sorry! Damn CCA. :(

·
Registered
634 Posts
It would need to be oversized to about 2/0 to be equivalent to 1/0 copper so I stand by my statement. Its better to be safe than sorry.
KNU's 1/0 stuff is comparable to 2/0; always has been. It sucks because it won't fit in most 1/0 sized terminals, etc. and you must trim it.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
The CCA stuff should be ok for most guys here. Most of us run 0 guage when it's not really necessary. However, for those of us that care, copper wire could be half the guage of this and flow the same current. Not to mention, the extra resistance in the aluminum means more power lost to heat.

If anyone wants copper 0 guage, pm me. I have a bunch of decently long runs (18-22ft) that come out to about $1.75/ft shipped. ($80 for a dual ~20ft run of red/black)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
If comparing both CCA and OFC from Knu, you will notice the price is about 50% from its OFC but perform about 80% from OFC(250A vs 300A).
Do I have problems on running Knu's power cables? Yes, it is really hard to fit in because it is oversized. And another potential problem is, if you got a dirty connections on terminals, it will create very high resistance compare to OFC. So maintaining clean connections is important.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
who sells ofc at a good price? (wrx/z28 what brand do you have?)
It's made by a company called Therm O link. They supply wire to industrial applications. In this case, the wire was used inside car audio displays. It's finely stranded, and not welding cable with 6-8 solid pieces. I've sold runs to a bunch of the guys on here, even hand delivered a bunch to guys including Interhat, WU501, Austin, Stinky06, and a bunch of others.

·
Registered
893 Posts
It's made by a company called Therm O link. They supply wire to industrial applications. In this case, the wire was used inside car audio displays. It's finely stranded, and not welding cable with 6-8 solid pieces. I've sold runs to a bunch of the guys on here, even hand delivered a bunch to guys including Interhat, WU501, Austin, Stinky06, and a bunch of others.
hummm... sounds interesting. post some pics of the stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The CCA stuff should be ok for most guys here. Most of us run 0 guage when it's not really necessary. However, for those of us that care, copper wire could be half the guage of this and flow the same current. Not to mention, the extra resistance in the aluminum means more power lost to heat.

If anyone wants copper 0 guage, pm me. I have a bunch of decently long runs (18-22ft) that come out to about $1.75/ft shipped. ($80 for a dual ~20ft run of red/black)
hey, just wondering if you have any of that Knukoncepts 0awg power and ground wire for sale?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts