DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Kove Audio MT-40 Single Point Source drivers (SPS) that I won't be using. Brand new with all the hardware for each but I only have one of the original boxes. The are brand new and never used.

Each tweeter/mid weighs in at ~ 2lbs. Frequency range is spec'd at 500Hz - 20kHz. I have wanted to use them with my SEAS CA18's in the door but they were a hair too big. The MT-40's are serious drivers, 2.75" VC.

$105 shipped.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price dropped to $85 shipped. Next stop, eBay (unfortunately).

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Are those what I think they are?

What do I think they are? Perfectly reasonable question, that.

Based on the pictures, I suspect that the drivers you're selling are a rebadged Ciare US0720N04 or variant thereof. (Or a licensed variation thereof, because the frame in your pics looks more rounded than the Ciare one.) Am I in the right ballpark?

Regardless, I never knew that Kove sold interesting stuff like that. Are they made in Italy?

For better or worse, those drivers are too large for my car application. But interesting and novel stuff is worth a bump and some bloviation, at least...

(Oh, and lest anyone thinks that Ciare drivers would be cheaper, last I saw a pair of of these they were in the ballpark of 300 euros.)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct on all accounts. Made in Italy (marked in big letters on the rear) and all.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Wow, I didn't know Kove had such cool drivers either. If I had not bought some Dynaudio 2" domes I would have gone for these.

·
Registered
530 Posts
these were reviewed several years ago by autosound and security,i remember they were very pleased and surprised by thier performance ,if i can find the review ill post with the test

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
One of the German mags (Hobby-HiFi or Klang+Ton) also reviewed the Ciare one. I'm not going to say they were the prettiest measurements I've ever seen, either in terms of linear or nonlinear distortion. But considering the frequency range and minimal depth requirement I bet they'd be just the thing for many car installs.

·
Registered
531 Posts
pete at the autofile used to sell some SPS drivers....wonder if they were along the lines of the same thing....i never looked into them....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold. Thanks for the replies and info from the various DIYMA members!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Derek said:
pete at the autofile used to sell some SPS drivers....wonder if they were along the lines of the same thing....i never looked into them....
Peter Lufrano's drivers (aka the Autophile Module) were either old-stock Jordan Modules or Jordan JX53's, which use a single super-thin aluminum foil cone and have a pointy dustcap. www.ejjordan.co.uk I think. Interesting little drivers, but fragile as all hell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts