DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! This is my first post here so I'm hoping I can get some help before I finally just go into an audio shop. My setup is an Alpine CDE-172BT with the KTP445A. My problem is low volume... when turned all the way up(35) I can barely hear the audio like a very quiet whisper. If I connect the harness directly to my HU, bypassing the KTP445A, my audio is totally normal. But as soon as I connect it up to the in-line-amp I got this low volume issue. My car is a 2007 Grand Caravan without the factory amp its the base model. Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? My harness is wired color to color, the big yellow is connected directly to the battery, and my black wire is grounded. I've tested the ground and constant power connections and both are good at 12v. My guess would be the amp isn't turning on... The blue wire and blue/white wires are all connected. If someone could please help me it would be much appreciated!
Orange Font Rectangle Parallel Number

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hello all! This is my first post here so I'm hoping I can get some help before I finally just go into an audio shop. My setup is an Alpine CDE-172BT with the KTP445A. My problem is low volume... when turned all the way up(35) I can barely hear the audio like a very quiet whisper. If I connect the harness directly to my HU, bypassing the KTP445A, my audio is totally normal. But as soon as I connect it up to the in-line-amp I got this low volume issue. My car is a 2007 Grand Caravan without the factory amp its the base model. Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? My harness is wired color to color, the big yellow is connected directly to the battery, and my black wire is grounded. I've tested the ground and constant power connections and both are good at 12v. My guess would be the amp isn't turning on... The blue wire and blue/white wires are all connected. If someone could please help me it would be much appreciated!
View attachment 331022
if ur radio already as 15 amp fuse protecting radio !! if not U will have to run a 12ga. primary wire from battery to wire on amp !! other than that it was a breeze....... : )

·
Registered
433 Posts
Can you see if the Amp is turning on? can you verify that the amp turns on and off with the hu?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up returning the KTP because there was no way to verify if the amp was turning on. The seller did note that the issue I was facing always happens to his customers when they have a factory-installed amp... But mine doesn't have that amp so 🤷‍♂️

1 - 5 of 5 Posts