DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm deciding between a few subs and I'm wondering what will give me the most SPF and. better quality. I have a 15 L7 now it only hits lows pretty much so I was wondering if I'll get close to the same low hits but also some highs with a pair of L7 12"s? Or if I should go with 1x 12" solox because it could take all my amp has to offer. The pair of 12 l7s could as well though so what do you think would hit harder 1x 12 solos or 2x L7 12s or 1 L7 15 and sound the best doing it. Or if you suggest another brand please be my guest I'm open to all options. I'm runnin a jl 1000/1v2 puts out about 1300rms

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
what is SPF? (suntan lotion?)

if all you are concerned with is "hitting hard" then (2) 12" will have more cone are than a single 15". the kicker "L" series are great for getting loud, not so much for anything else. if you want a sub that sounds nice, then ditch kicker IMHO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol autocorrect. I had l5 10s they sounded decent. What you would recommend for 2x 12s around at least a combined 1200 rms

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
would depend on what you want. sound quality or sound quantity? also how much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
what is SPF? (suntan lotion?)

if all you are concerned with is "hitting hard" then (2) 12" will have more cone are than a single 15". the kicker "L" series are great for getting loud, not so much for anything else. if you want a sub that sounds nice, then ditch kicker IMHO.
This^^^
For other options in about the same price range though heres a few.
One of these ported will be loud as hell as sound great too.Image Dynamics IDMAX12 V.3 D4 (idmax12v3d4) 12" ID MAX V.3 Sub
RE Audio SXX12D4 (SXX-12D4) 12" Dual 4 ohm Car Subwoofer A low note beast.
Rockford Fosgate T1D412 (T1D4-12) 12" Dual 4 ohm Power T1 Sub Running one of those right now and sounds good for a rockford. Ported.
I'm sure there is more out there but none that i have heard.
Almost forgot this one. one of the best subs i've ever had till i burnt the coil playing some test tone one afternoon.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4010_JL-Audio-12W6v2-D4.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'd say about $800-1000 for two without a box.

Ok I've decided

I'm going with Jl Audio 12w7 two of them or two Image Dynamics IDMAX12 V.3 D4

The Image's are a $100 cheaper but put out more power don't know about spl or db or sound quality on those so which would you choose between then two types?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts