DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not just in this forum but across the internet I see a complete lack of info regarding upgrading the audio system in the 4th gen Ford Explorer (2006-2010). There's no pre-fabs, articles, competition wins, etc. The Sport Trac has some traction but the normal Explorer just has no info. A forum search for "Ford Explorer" only comes up with 7 pages of results and of those very few are Explorer specific, regardless of the model year. For such a popular car this seems odd, is there a particular reason for this that I'm not seeing?

·
Premium Member
306 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Found exactly the same when we had that generation Explorer, there's barely even information out there about changing speakers, much less anything more in depth.

Have you looked over at Explorer forums.com ? There's a few bits of information over there, not a lot though. I replaced the front speakers in mine and had installed tweeters at the top of the door cards, swapped out the factory sub as well, but nothing other than that. Sold it now though, although in some ways I wish I still had it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts