DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two batts a xspower d3100 and northstar sms agm80. I am looking for an expensive charger that can charge them properly. They are not dead I just want to bring them back up to spec/ maintain them. Xs rest at 12.3 and the Northstar 12.9. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but I recently purchased this charger and really like it. It does have a feature where it will bring batteries back that other chargers won't charge at all - and it supports all type of batteries.

Amazon.com: Clore Automotive PL2320 20-Amp Fully-Automatic Smart Charger, 6V and 12V Battery Charger, Battery Maintainer, and Battery Desulfator with Temperature Compensation: Automotive

Charges at a rate of up to 20amps.

I've been using it for about 3 months now regularly (I use it to recharge by battery after tuning sessions) - and it does a great job. It also "reconditioned" the battery in my wifes car (hardly gets used and was dying frequently) - I haven't had any further issues with her battery since.

Only $80.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Reactions: LowBassSubs

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab sport
755 Posts
I use noco genius 10 and love it! Red arc BCDC2540 dc to dc charger is awesome too

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Thanks. Do you use the separate temp probe for the charger?
I do not have a stand alone probe on mine, it somehow monitors the temp from the device. I have never looked into how or why it does it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not have a stand alone probe on mine, it somehow monitors the temp from the device. I have never looked into how or why it does it.
Gotcha. I was wondering what temp it monitored. Thanks for answering. 💯🍻

1 - 9 of 9 Posts