·
Registered
96 Posts
You should go to zaphaudio.com.

I think he praised the XT25.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You know, there is a product selection and comparison sub forum...I'm just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I do have some Vifa XT25 for sale cheap...PM me if interested or check out my FS thread

To be honest though, if the Peerless HDS are in your price range I would look into those :)

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,960 Posts
I do have some Vifa XT25 for sale cheap...PM me if interested or check out my FS thread

To be honest though, if the Peerless HDS are in your price range I would look into those :)
x2 on the Peerless HDS and if you have a little more in your budget, the Hiquphon OW1, OW1-fs and OW2 are just amazing units.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Why large format?

I am in the process of building a pillars with a vifa xt19 and an rs100 - I almost wish I'd have gone with a smaller tweeter.

·
Premium Member
6,053 Posts

·
Banned
1,808 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,053 Posts
But, I want to buy one. Isn't an XBL on sale at parts express for like $25? Or is that a look-a-like?
The one at Parts Express is different. Dan Wiggins modded a TB tweeter for one of his clients. The PE one is #25-1719S and Dan's is 25-1766S.

Or at least that's what TB told me when I tried to buy them :D

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
The one at Parts Express is different. Dan Wiggins modded a TB tweeter for one of his clients. The PE one is #25-1719S and Dan's is 25-1766S.

Or at least that's what TB told me when I tried to buy them :D
So, how do I get a hold of one of the Ceradome tweets? :mad:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I still really like my large format Northcreek D28-06 tweets...used to be $36/matched pair then were discontinued then I received a mailer listing them again but didn't catch the price before the mailer disappeared (foul play by the wife I suspect:(:p)...been running them in the dash of my work van for 1-2+ years now...

Drivers

·
Premium Member
6,053 Posts
Which of those tweeters has good off axis performance?
Everything else being equal, the best off-axis performance will be provided by the one with the smallest diameter. This applies to everything; woofers, midranges, and tweeters.

Therefore, the xt19 will win.

Waveguides and phase plugs can improve the directivity performance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That might be because they usually extend lower, but that's not always the case. Not all large format tweets will extend low or sound "full"... if i'm understanding what you mean.
True. The seas that I had heard was crossed pretty low and blended in well with the mids. That's something I havn't been able to do with small tweeters.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts