DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can someone help with a amp set up.

I got a lc4.800 amp and taking high level input from factory signal into 2 input channels (plugged this in the front channels on amp). There is nothing else plugged into the the 4 input channels (2 channel front high and 2 channel rear)

The outputs are the following:

2 channels to underseat subs
2 channels bridged to trunk sub.

Do i need to press the sum function or do I keep seperate. I can't hear much difference between the two but want to get it right.

In essence it's a 2 channel input, and 3 channel output.

But not sure if I need to press the sum function. Does the sum function only come to into play if plug in other input channels?

This is what it says on the manual but a bit confused if only have 2 input feeding 3 channels
Front/Rear Bus Sum – This sums the front and rear inputs togeth- er. So two inputs (L/R) can feed four outputs (2L/2R

· Registered
2022 Subaru WRX Premium 6-speed
853 Posts
Yes, use the "sum" feature. Also FYI when using the speaker level inputs the RCA output are active and put out the RCA sound from the speaker level inputs, quite convenient to add another amp or DSP etc. Also when using speaker level inputs as your turn on the turn on port on your amp becomes an output to turn on something else. They are great amps and their tech support is top notch. Feel free to reach out to them also if you have any questions, i know i have in the past.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud. Ok will switch to sum even though I only have two input channels. Assume I need it sum because I have 4 outputs.

I am only using this amp to power a trunk sub and power my underseat woofers so I can high pass at a huge frequency. I don't think I need the dsp function though I was tempted by the d4.800

· Registered
2022 Subaru WRX Premium 6-speed
853 Posts
What kind of vehicle is it? Usually the factory systems either roll off or stop raising the volume altogether at some point. I honestly never used it in any of my systems but from what i have gathered it's more of a try it and listen to it type deal. On that i would defer to someone who has knowledge as to how it works and when you apply it.

Give AC tech support a call on this, they are and have been awesome every time I reached out to them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.