DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I built a set of Doc Edgar design Voight Pipes for the ID CX64's but now way to upgrade the drivers. I will get the box info as soon as I can.

We would like to find a nice reasonable cost 6.5" midbass and a good crossover design already done up for the drivers. Of course I know we would have to tweak the crossovers but right now and for the next few months just no time to research and design our own.

Any recommended midbass and crossover designs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Rick

·
Registered
147 Posts
rick, normally you'd need to build the box around the driver...
if you put a driver in there, the bass response may not be optimal

you'll also need someone to take a fr plot of the drivers in the cabs and then use software to design the xover.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Haven't seen any designs with the LCY 110, so you maybe out of luck.

It maybe worth your time to just go with an active solution and just "dial in" the sound you want.

A good passive design worthy of those drivers is going to be very time consuming...

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, just hoping for an easy way out, lol!

I have not looked up the driver parameters required for this systems box demensions, I was hoping to find something close enough that would work ok, maybe a bit of tuning the box would make it work fine, never know unless try:)

I just do not have the time to invest into this right now or in the foreseable future, my car takes priority always;)

Thanks,
Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.