DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

:laugh:Write down all of your processor - hu settings - right NOW... TODAY! :laugh:

*sigh* If only I'd done that!

The short story is that when my head unit (DRZ-9255) went down, I pulled it out to see about repairs and neglected to take the few moments it would have taken to retrieve my settings - in particular, the equalizer settings. Good lord I regret that now!

It took me weeks and weeks of small tweaks to get things sounding just so... one little revision at a time and man - it was sounding incredible! Needless to say, I bought another used DRZ and was able to just slip it back into the dash since I'd left the wiring intact... and yeah - I remembered the xover settings and I'd even written down the time alignment settings... but the ones that I'd worked on for weeks to get properly set were gone!

Hell, I even pulled the old one out of the box and reconnected it, but the memory had been lost.

You never expect your equipment to give up on you... but it may happen at any time. SAve yourself a hassle and take the time to write the settings down now! I have a pretty good idea of where things were - but it'll still be weeks until I get her back to the perfection that I'd gone after for so long lol.

Hope this saves someone!
Less

·
Registered
343 Posts
most newer head units allow you to just burn a cd with your settings. I know I did that with a few eclipse and alpine head units. Just pop the cd in and BAM! Everything is back.

·
Registered
185 Posts
+1

I don't know how many times I have done this. You really would think that I would learn by now. Well I will try to do it this time around when I get the stuff into this truck.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Some newer HUs also store your settings for 24 hours after power has been removed.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah - the DRZ has three memory positions and I'm sure its battery lasts a good long time. I just didn't get to trying to pull the information out until I'd had it out for two weeks while I bid on and won a new DRZ haha. It was total operator error - no fault of Clarion.

I didn't know Eclipse really even had any advanced processor functions worthy of needing a CD back up of... and my W200 didn't allow CD burn back up either. That is a nice idea! Before long, I may be using a bit one and the software will save it ... but even then, you need to back up the hard drive!

OMG I think I have a total of 6 hard drives on my computer now with between 100 and 750 gb each ... I refuse to lose my entire music collection to one measely hard drive failure!

Hope this reminds someone!
Less

·
Registered
343 Posts
same with external alpine imprint units. They keep all your setting even after losing power.

·
Registered
962 Posts
x100 !!

I've gone through 3 processors now since January and managed to reset and lose all EQ settings at least once or more after week/weeks of tuning.

~ Half were do to learning the new processor and the other ~half plain stupidity :mean:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts