DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you really want to put your install to the test what do you listen to? What really makes it sound it's best?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Putting it to the test and making it sound its best are probably 2 different types of music.

Sounding its best, put something in that is easy to reproduce, no large peaks in the music.

Putting it to the test, you want those large dynamics, tracks with piano can be hard to reproduce. Same with some orchestra tracks, and heavy/fast rock tracks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I listen to Dream Theater, they're very dynamic.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I listen to Dream Theater, they're very dynamic.
That's a good suggestion. They have many tracks with many different sounds. If you don't know them, they are considered as something like progressive rock. Singer sucks tho. Luckily he doesn't do all that much singing :p.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's a good suggestion. They have many tracks with many different sounds. If you don't know them, they are considered as something like progressive rock. Singer sucks tho. Luckily he doesn't do all that much singing :p.
IMO, the singer is good. He's not my favorite, but he has a very good falsetto. He's just not your modern, midrange vocalist that everyone is so accustomed to now.

·
Registered
328 Posts
IMO, the singer is good. He's not my favorite, but he has a very good falsetto. He's just not your modern, midrange vocalist that everyone is so accustomed to now.
He does have some range, but, personally, I don't think he has a very solid delivery. His voice sounds "strained" too often and it becomes quite fatiguing for my ears. Point is, in this thread, Dream Theater still is a great band with great instrumentation that can put many systems to the test.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Oddly enough, I reach for TOOL when I want to do this... They are extremely dynamic, certain songs just ebb and flow in and out of hard and soft areas... Some sounds are soft and muted, whiles others are brittle and bright.. It's just and epic sound IMO..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts