DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I'm a laid back guy who is not easily upset. But, even elude to calling me arrogant again and I'll ***** slap you. That was totally uncalled for and offensive to me. I've spent 13 years studying and experimenting with rear fill using 4 different vehicles as my test subjects. I've learned enough in this process to offer valid advice. How about you?

Now that I got that off my chest. Do me a favor and read this thread about adding midbass in rearward locations.

Next, read this thread about proper implementation of differential rear fill:

Then, come back and explain exactly how you can to get this to work properly. You have great ideas. Back them up.

Ge0
I already alluded to how it can be done, extra channels on the dsp outputting let's say 80-180 hz TA'd correctly, rear fill channels set up for 300+ hz L-R heavily delayed, mixed together somehow. Could be done with virtual channels in a dsp or externally with Y connectors.
And I said you were straying into arrogance, not quite there, just flirting with it. With this statement, "I'd link to an article here explaining why but I fear nobody would fully understand.".
Even if we can't understand now, providing information is how you help people understand.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I already alluded to how it can be done, extra channels on the dsp outputting let's say 80-180 hz TA'd correctly, rear fill channels set up for 300+ hz L-R heavily delayed, mixed together somehow. Could be done with virtual channels in a dsp or externally with Y connectors.
And I said you were straying into arrogance, not quite there, just flirting with it. With this statement, "I'd link to an article here explaining why but I fear nobody would fully understand.".
Even if we can't understand now, providing information is how you help people understand.
So you purposely cut a large portion of my statement off to prove your point? Even though that changes the context of what I said entirely? Swift man. Real swift...

I'd link to an article here explaining why but I fear nobody would fully understand. Hell, I've read it several times and I still don't comprehend 70%. That and I'm too lazy to go digging for it. Sometimes things just work so you don't need to question why.
Hmm... Am I being arrogant there or just being tired and / or too lazy to continue at 1:00am. But, if you feel better continuing this charade I'll bow out and let you be Jedi master.

Explain to the masses how you got your arm chair ideas to work. I'm done here...

Ge0

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
So you purposely cut a large portion of my statement off to prove your point? Even though that changes the context of what I said entirely? Swift man. Real swift...

Hmm... Am I being arrogant there or just being tired and / or too lazy to continue at 1:00am. But, if you feel better continuing this charade I'll bow out and let you be Jedi master.

Explain to the masses how you got your arm chair ideas to work. I'm done here...

Ge0
I cut the post so you could understand exactly what part I was referencing.
So you were 70% flirting with arrogance, my bad.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

Ge0
Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand what you were talking about.
After all, English is my second language and I don't have a first.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts