DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AlphaDamp is a new sound deadening mat. A CLD Tile that is more stout than anything you have ever used.
Since it is new to the market, AlphaDamp needs some exciting online representation, so I have been authorized to give away one box (20 sq ft) of AlphaDamp to 50 people. There area another 50 boxes up for grabs that someone else will be giving away or heavily discounting.

AlphaDamp will be ready to start shipping in 2-4 weeks. Pre-orders are being taken now at AlphaDamp.com but more importantly, reviews will be needed which is the point of this post.

We are looking for reviews, videos, blogs, tweets, facebook postings, likes and google +1 hits.
The more you are willing to do for us, the better your chances at getting some free AlphaDamp.
We will be giving away a few boxes per week for the next couple of months.

If interested, send an email to:
[email protected]

We will send you an autoreply with all the details. Once you have completes the steps in teh email, you will considered for a free box of AlphaDamp.

Thanks for your interest

ANT

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
By thicker, I meant exactly what alpha damp is. Something a little thicker than damp pro. 10 mils should be perfect, before getting too hard to mold to shape. Right now I have 90 sqft of damp pro going in front of the front seats, on the floor all the way up the firewall. Then sludge to fill in the hard to cover shapes. But this would be perfect for rear quarter panels, huge flat sheets of sheet metal that let most of the noise through.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
I'm in.
Just about ready to start my next ambitious project. ;)
I am going to need a lot of this stuff.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Nevermind.
I'm out.
Way too many hoops to jump through just to get the chance to get some free product.
It's easier for me to work one additional hour at my business and pay retail for the stuff than the 8 to 16 hour time investment they're asking for.
Now, if they will be willing to send my enough to cover my whole interior........
Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

Here's the e-mail response they sent me:

Hello

Thanks for your interest the AlpaDamp review giveaway!
There is a lot of info in this email so please be sure to read it all. We will make it worth your time!

AlphaDamp is a new product and needs new representation on the forums, so we are giving out a ton of free material.
We are not all that interested in promoting this product in the lanes, on the street, in shops or in the real world
We are only looking for quality, online reviews and promotion.

We are giving away 1 box of 20 square feet to each person that meets our standards
(remember that 20 square feet of AlphaDamp is more effective than 60 sq feet of other "Extreme" products, so you need less to do more!)
This product is absolutely insane and will impress everyone that uses it! You will love it!

The people we choose to review AlphaDamp on the boards, will only be selected if they are willing fully commit to a full-on internet assault in the most hardcore manor!
If you think you can review and promote AlphaDamp better than all the trolls, then continue reading.

Every person we select to review AlphaDamp MUST follow through with the following within 2 weeks of getting the product:

- 1 Youtube videos created and posted on at least 3 forums
- Written reviews with pics, posted on at least 3 forums
- Forum Signature anchor links

OPtional things that are appricated, and will help include:
- Face book blasts
- Twitter tweets
- Google +1

Still interested?
To get started, you will first need to do this:

1. Promote us!
Either through Facebook - "like" us on facebook - Click here - AlphaDamp.com - CLD Tiles for Vibration & SPL | Facebook
Or
Post up a link to our giveaway on one of the automotive or audio forums you belong to.

2. Add on of these lines of code to your forum signature - Whichever the forum will allow

Anchor Link - Try this one first:

AlphaDamp CLD Tiles - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener

IF that does not work, try this banner

3. Once you have done these two things, send an email to THIS NEW EMAIL ACCOUNT:
[email protected]

- Use your user name as the SUBJECT/TITLE of the email
- Include links to your profile pages on the forums with your signature upgrade. (minimum of 3)
- Tell us about your car and how awesome it is
- Tell us how you plan on promoting us more than any of the other applicants

4. Once we read your email and verify you have done these things, you will get placed in the running, and might end up with a free box of the world's best sound deadener; AlphaDamp

The people that are willing to help us out the most, will get reward first so be sure to try to sell yourself!

If you do not get selected at first, don't worry. We will be doing this every week for a few months. As long as you keep hitting that LIKE button and leave our info in your signature, you will be automatically re-entered every week!

Thanks so much for your attention and interest

AlphaDamp Team
[email protected]

·
Registered
510 Posts
so much for emailing initially to get the auto-generated response with instructions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Free stuff is always great, and I could use some, but damm thats alot of work to get it for free :laugh:
I was gonna try it until I read the requirements. Good luck anyway.
my internet footprint is woefully small...

an undersized e-peener, who knew?
Nevermind.
I'm out.
Way too many hoops to jump through just to get the chance to get some free product.
It's easier for me to work one additional hour at my business and pay retail for the stuff than the 8 to 16 hour time investment they're asking for.
Now, if they will be willing to send my enough to cover my whole interior........
Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

I agree with all of you. If it only meant a bit of time taking pics, posting reviews, etc. Then I'd be good with it. Hell I'm reviewing some custom made spacers for nothing more than pictures, constructive criticism, and a real review of them. And that won't take more than an hour or two.
Thanks for the oppurtunity, but count me out on this one.

Mike

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That is asking a lot for a chance, they basically want people to spam forums for their product without paying for advertising which is something that is frowned upon especially on this forum.

"We are not all that interested in promoting this product in the lanes, on the street, in shops or in the real world"

Smart business move obviously...

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I believe you do the review after youve gotten the product. To get the product, you promote it in your sig, and send them an email telling them why you should are the best person to do the reviews, sort of like a job interview.

I believe your getting $140 worth of product, thats what the presale on second skins page is going for. Thats for 20 sqare feet, so basically $7 per square foot, instead of $12 a square foot. The product is 1.5mm thick, which is in between regular damp and damp pro, and the same thickness as dynamat extreme. Dynamats foil layer is 4mils, while damp and damp pros are 6.5mils, and alphadamp is 10mils.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe you do the review after youve gotten the product. To get the product, you promote it in your sig, and send them an email telling them why you should are the best person to do the reviews, sort of like a job interview.

I believe your getting $140 worth of product, thats what the presale on second skins page is going for. Thats for 20 sqare feet, so basically $7 per square foot, instead of $12 a square foot. The product is 1.5mm thick, which is in between regular damp and damp pro, and the same thickness as dynamat extreme. Dynamats foil layer is 4mils, while damp and damp pros are 6.5mils, and alphadamp is 10mils.
Yup
That is pretty much it!

ANT

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Also, just noticed this, the only other sound deadening that claims to have 10mil thick foil, is dynaplate. However, it doesnt seem to have any butyl (it seems to be just peel and stick aluminum sheeting), and is $300 for 15 sq-ft, vs $140 for 20 sq-ft.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So what's the difference between this and the "competition" tiles besides the 2 mils of aluminum on the alpha damp and the 20mil difference in thickness with the "competition" tile?

Them:
50 tiles @ 21sq ft = $112.50
|vs|
You:
20 tiles @ 20.8 sq ft = $140.00

Is the $27.50 difference worth it? In your opinion of course. I happened to be in the market for deadening so this is a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Im curious whos "competition" tile you are referencing?

Also, 2mils thicker aluminum is a noticeable difference. Ive used both damp pro and dynamat extreme, and the foil is very different between the two, where the damp pro has 2.5mil thicker aluminum.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts