DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see pics of people's system. Specifically how they have the drivers/speakers arranged. Either A pillars, kick panels, door pods, what? Also what kind of amps are you guys running for the front stage, what kind of xover units (amp's filters? Audiocontrol units? self-made units?) Thanks.

Here is the link to my system:
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/518721

·
Registered
265 Posts
Very clean setup you have. I love how you made the sub box, amp rack, and distro rack all together. It looks pretty clean!

Are you done with the door panel speakers yet? That project looks so sweet. I wanna see how it turns out in the end. Personally I love watching people turn their stock doors into awesome speaker pods :) But I like to keep my system looking stock (partly because I am unable to pull off a clean finish, heh)

Nice work on your truck!

David

·
Registered
578 Posts
The link to my truck is in my sig...

I have new speakers now, but wont update the pics till I get my new tweeters in.

But at least you can see where all the speaker locations are. That has not changed.

BTW... very nice setup in your Chevy... nice equipment too... love those DLS amps.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xDeLiRiOuSx said:
Very clean setup you have. I love how you made the sub box, amp rack, and distro rack all together. It looks pretty clean!

Are you done with the door panel speakers yet? That project looks so sweet. I wanna see how it turns out in the end. Personally I love watching people turn their stock doors into awesome speaker pods :) But I like to keep my system looking stock (partly because I am unable to pull off a clean finish, heh)

Nice work on your truck!

David
Thanks. I havent completed the door pods yet, I am kind of at a standstill waiting on some threaded inserts to come in. Thats how I plan on attaching the pods to the doors and the speaker to the pod. McMaster Carr is taking long than expected to ship them to me. Until then, they are more or less sitting on my shop table. I will update the page once I get more progress done (hopefully this weekend if the inserts come in). Thanks again for the props

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's my old install: http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/575407

I've changed out pretty much all of that equipment except the hu. My new stuff is in my sig. I have to take pictures of my new install, the only pics I do have is of my a-pillar install.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How hard was it to wrap the vinyl, especially close to the ends where there are curves, rounded edges? What kind of vinyl did you use and where did you buy it? I am looking at a 3 way stretchable vinyl that you heat up to stretch.

BTW...why did you swap your subs out from ID to Arc? You do know that ID makes the subs for Arc and eD correct?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I like how you molded the 9835 in there :)

I hope I can do that with my 9860 somehow

havent decided if I want to buy the touchscreen add on first though

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
newtitan said:

You prolly learned this already on CS&P but you can do so with ABS sheeting and rigid plastic filler, then ice it all and sand it smooth. Shoot some SEM paint and call it a day.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got some stretchable vinyl from an upholstery place here in houston that sells alot of automotive upholstery. And yes it was a pain to get it to stretch to the corners and not crease :). As far as switching out the arcs for the id's let's just say I've been through quite a few subs since that has happened :lol:. I have to say that I love my arc subs however, small box requirements (.9 per sub sealed) and they get very loud when I want them to and sound very good. I guess I'm past my boomer days now however as I have them turned down quite a bit to blend in with my front stage. I'm into the up front bass now as opposed to a massive amount of bass coming from the trunk :wink:. It's a sad thing, I guess I'm just getting old :(.

·
Registered
62 Posts
AzGrower said:
newtitan said:

You prolly learned this already on CS&P but you can do so with ABS sheeting and rigid plastic filler, then ice it all and sand it smooth. Shoot some SEM paint and call it a day.
I did all of the above except the SEM paint. I had a paint shop mix up that paint and honestly it's a pretty close match, it's actually wheel paint. I did this way before the mounting kit from Metra was available for the 2k4 max. I just couldn't wait to get rid of the blose system :).

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ksin291 said:
I'm into the up front bass now as opposed to a massive amount of bass coming from the trunk :wink:. It's a sad thing, I guess I'm just getting old :(.
I am a huge fanatic of SQ systems. I have always frowned upon how ugly SPL vehicles look. Just a huge box in the back seat type of thing is not for me. I like a touch of class when it comes to car audio. Hey, and I am not that old either, barely 30. :oops:

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,960 Posts
Not my car (still has a long way to go), but a couple of the cars I have built latly. The red car is Vincent Wilfork's that plays for the NE Patriots. Really wasn't being build it to be a great sound car do to the head unit choice, but it sounded and imaged and stage pretty well with no real EQ or great crossover in the mix. but man this thing pounds like a horny Elephant :p with the 4 DLS UR15 and 4 A6 in the trunk. And DLS IR8.3 to alright keeping up with them, but there is a switch to kill two of the 15's.

Carprice system:

Pioneer AVIC N1
DLS IR8.3
DLS R6A
4 DLS UR15's
4 DLS A6's
DLS A3 and A1
Audio Control Matrix

Now the Mazda 3 is a great sounding car that does every well. And with the XXX 15 out it has some great output when needed. This one will be at SBN2006 along with his bother WRX I just finished and my Jeep.

Mazda system:
Pioneer P9 comdo
Dynaudio System 360
DLS A3, A4, and A6
RE XXX15

www.heavenlysnds.elitecaraudio.org follow the links

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
link for pix
ESX sub amp has been replaced by a Diamond D3 600.1... the trunk will be rebuilt to hide the amps and sub; probably in a false floor... mids will be upgraded to the Dayton RS8's sometime early next year and building new door pods are in order as well to accomodate the new 8" mids...

It may look halfassed but it's all in how it sounds first, install finishing comes later...

Leo

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here's a look at my current ride although I had to rip out my system and start over. I built it myself and it took many months and many hours to mold the fiberglass just right. I had it in my car for nearly 2 years.
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/413747

I sold everything and I am starting from the beginning. :eek:

NEW: Black Leather GSR door panels, GSR Black Leather rear seats, GSR Black Leather door panels, SEAS Lotus Reference Set, Focal Utopia 4w2, Eclipse 4channel 85x4, Eclipse 2channel 130x2, Knu Konceptz rca's, and I'm still debating on what I should do up front in the doors. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
AzGrower said:

old post I know, but im about to start work on molding my d310 inplace

what is this "ice" you all speak of, and where can I get ABS sheeting,and the rigid filler ? ( i only have experience with rage gold?)

I want something that stick to oem plastic a bit better as my old pillars mold I just popped em off, and the entire pillar looks like stock now

1 - 20 of 33 Posts