DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the correct way to level match tweeters, midranges and midbasses to play a sine wave at the crossover point, measure with a dB meter and adjust the amplifier gains until the 2 pairs are as close as you can get, fine tune the pairs on the DSP and then fine tune the LR balance of the pairs?

Also looking at the passive crossover for my components, which is a GB410C, it states “tweeter reference level -5dB” does this mean if i was to replicate the crossover the tweeters should be 5dB quieter than the midranges when level matching?

·
Registered
18,257 Posts
i dont recommend using sine waves for tuning purposes. thats a dangerous game and at frequencies that arent super low, arent going to be accurate due to sharp peaks and dips in the response. get yourself a measurement mic and download REW

·
Registered
469 Posts
The dd1 is a tool used for level matching electrical power through the amplifier, not decibel level at the listening position (acoustical domain). For example, you could gain match a left midrange with the right midrange to both receive exactly 100w rms, but the perceived volume at your ears will not be the same between the speakers. The tool used in this case should be a RTA so that one could match each speaker acoustically (what we end up hearing).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used pink noise with a c weighted db meter in the end. Got me pretty close until i get my laptop fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts