DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm heading out to pick up a circle jig from Woodcrafters tomorrow. I was planning to buy a Jasper, but they also have this one made by Lewin available: Buy LEWIN Router Compass Jig, LEWIN Router Compass Jig, Router Jigs -

It's a few bucks cheaper than the Jasper and it'll do larger holes, but slightly more involved to use. Has anyone owned this jig? I know some users have made their own out of plexi using pretty much the same design, so I figure it must work pretty well.

For a total noob like myself, which would ultimately be easier to use? The Jasper seems idiot-proof since the measurements are right on there and you just have to find the right one, but the infinite adjustability of the Lewin (within its 8-48" range) is appealing...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'd pass unless you have the Jasper also. The Jasper will make small holes too, and I've never needed to make a round hole larger than the Jasper's 18" or whatever.
The one you posted will only make down to 8" holes, most of the holes I've ended up making are smaller than that except for subs. I just had to make a 2 7/8" hole a couple nights ago and the Jasper worked fine for that.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
The Jasper Circle Jig is the ****. I had one but my router got knocked off the table when the jasper jig was bolted to it and it snapped where the mounting screws were.

Haven't gotten a new one yet but I think I'll order one now...

·
Premium Member
882 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts