DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been contemplating my next set of 3-way speakers... i'm currently running audio frog gb10; gb25; gb60.. there is nothing wrong with them, but just looking to try something else... so will be posting them up very soon in classifieds.. looking for suggestions please... what would you try next.... my current system is in my signature if you want to know what will be powering them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've been contemplating my next set of 3-way speakers... i'm currently running audio frog gb10; gb25; gb60.. there is nothing wrong with them, but just looking to try something else... so will be posting them up very soon in classifieds.. looking for suggestions please... what would you try next.... my current system is in my signature if you want to know what will be powering them.
Concerning the GB25 midrange. If you had to sum them up, what would you say? Strengths vs Weaknesses
Many Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Look forward to seeing what you do... My second choice after the Morel Elates, was Dynaudio Esotecs... I know those aren't unique or unusual, but you know their reputation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gladen Zero Pro 165.3 are just intriguing to me. Their subs are some of the best I've ever heard so how bad can they be.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those are good suggestion. vegasStereo the gb 25 are excellent they handle a lot of power. weakness well none really,
i was thinking of going back to focal utopia's or maybe try the jl c7 or the morels

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
those are good suggestion. vegasStereo the gb 25 are excellent they handle a lot of power. weakness well none really,
i was thinking of going back to focal utopia's or maybe try the jl c7 or the morels

I stumbled upon this

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks man

·
Registered
242 Posts
I went from Morel elates to the AF GB 3 way. I think the only sets I would switch the frogs out for would be the Dynaudio 3 way or Focal M series (if I stumbled onto a pile of money lol)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
The new Arc Audio line of speakers might be worth a look, dont hear much about them.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The new Arc Audio line of speakers might be worth a look, dont hear much about them.
Yes, definitely check out the Arc RS line. They don't get much press. Pretty sure they are made by Satori and have similar attributes but engineered for automotive application- low moving mass and strongish motors make for startling dynamics & realism. Relatively reasonably priced too. Very happy with my RS 4.0 / RS 1.0 combo.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Im thinking very strongly about the GB40 midrange and the GB12 D2 subwoofer. Can you tell me anything in specific? I keep seeing great reviews but nothing very specific. Id appreciate any detail you could offer. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Focal utopia m is definitely pretty good,their beryllium tweeters are unbeatable,6.5 woofers have much better midbass than older utopia,3.5 midrange matches nicely with the rest of the system,sub is of great sq quality & goes deep,definitely jl 2 × 8"subs (250×2=500 watts-cp108lg) will beat the single utopia m sub 10"(800 watts) in terms of bass but in terms of sq quality utopia m sub is @ top ,so yeah if u like to shake your vehicle get 2x utopia m subs or jl subs as cheaper option

·
Registered
74 Posts
Utopia m sub blends really well with the midbass & you dont feel that the bass is coming from back of the suv most of the time unlike jl or other brands where from first song u will know the sub is in the back

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you everyone for your input. I've decided to go back to the utopias. almost had a deal on some morels but i think i will go back to what i know.... will be posting the frogs up soon.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts