• I don’t like it and wish it didn’t change

Votes: 53 81.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t want this to turn into a hate bashing thread against the forum and I want you to be honest. This can go negative very easily so please don’t be a sheep and follow the herd just because someone else did it. I personally think it’s Ok. I prefer the old style still but also know it’s human nature to resist change when your so used to the way things work. There are some new and cool features that the other platform didn’t have and they retained the “new posts” button which I like to use.

Also post the features you like most.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't like change in general. Old site was very nice and readable IMO. I also liked how I could easily see the new posts above the forum listing. But its fine, I'll adjust

·
Registered
704 Posts
if it aint broke don't fix it, this is horrible

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I really don't like this new layout.. and I don't complain about stuff.. but... yeah.. I'm really not liking this new platform.
Very hard to navigate .. and just .. yeah .. no.. no likey!

·
Registered
194 Posts
At first the new site was literally hurting my eyes, luckily I discovered it has dark mode, MUCH better with that on. I'd like to get rid of all the clutter/garbage on the right-side, I'm not a fan of how posts are squashed into the middle of the screen. The old site was definitely more readable, this isn't the end of the world but I've yet to find anything it does better than the old site.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
It’s definitely going to take some adjusting to get used to. Dark mode is a must.

I preferred the old site but things change I guess. While I’m not attracted to the new design (yet), that does not change the fact of how valuable a resource DIYMA is for car audio knowledge.

CAJ May take the baton and grow but it does not yet have the sheer volume of content you can find on this site. The info is still here just harder to find. But hey we don’t like car audio because it’s easy do we? We embrace a challenge. Just sucks that this is one more to add on peoples’ car audio journey. But I think in the end our minds can make things work.

I rather this site exist rather than not exist at all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I admit that I'm resistant to change on things like this, but the old site was just way more readable and easy to navigate. Dark mode is an improvement, but gray mode was best.
I'm sure the new features will be useful, but please consider a design that is close to the old one. Updating is fine, but this is a pretty jarring change.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I dont like the new style. The old one was way better, easyer to read, also member reputation was removed, Thread rating was removed, forum work slower than the old version
....... I would rather see you to revert changes!

this forum "downgrade" will stear even more people from this site....

·
Listener of Music
2,850 Posts
I don't understand why once I open a thread we have the feed to the right. It makes sense on the the home page. You are looking for something to read/general info. You inheritantly want to read a thread if you click on to it. So get rid of all the crap that makes it difficult.

·
Listener of Music
2,850 Posts
There is some things I do like but it wasn't worth sacrificing the simplicity of the old version. This reminds to much of a cluttered FB page.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
To be honest, the FJ Cruiser forums went the way of this new format and it sucked for them too, but I got used to it and I guess most members there did too. Now that both of these forums are using the same platform, if nothing else at least they are similar now.

·
New CAJ Member!
434 Posts
I don't like change in general. Old site was very nice and readable IMO. I also liked how I could easily see the new posts above the forum listing. But its fine, I'll adjust
Just update your bookmark to https://www.diymobileaudio.com/whats-new/posts/ and it will still get you something close to that new thread area in the old site. Make sure it doesn't have a number at the end to get the latest threads and updates.

I'm going to play with it a while longer before casting a vote here. Like someone else has already said I don't like change if I was use to it. We'll see if I adapt. If not, CAJ.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hate these stupid "modern" website designs. The previous design was nice and lightweight, easy, and visually pleasing.

Now we have these stupid "flat UI" everywhere. Google ruined the Internet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Also, Apple too, stupid minimalism everywhere. Now we must create an obscure icon instead of just simply spelling it out.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts