DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have/had been in the middle of putting together all that was needed for this build. Thought I was going one way with it and decided to pivot and ended up with JL Audip amps all around…..also have a ds4900 and a limitless lithium 15ah tied through a 200” stinger isolator. And the volts Lee jumping from 14.5 v to 12.5. Its seemingly interment but I can’t tell. Love to hear some things gs from people may have some more experience than I do.
Amps not running hot
Thanks all

Power cables
Zero
Two
Four.

· Registered
4,298 Posts
I have/had been in the middle of putting together all that was needed for this build. Thought I was going one way with it and decided to pivot and ended up with JL Audip amps all around…..also have a ds4900 and a limitless lithium 15ah tied through a 200” stinger isolator. And the volts Lee jumping from 14.5 v to 12.5. Its seemingly interment but I can’t tell. Love to hear some things gs from people may have some more experience than I do.
Amps not running hot
Thanks all

Power cables
Zero
Two
Four.
Probably the computer controlled charging crap. What kind of car?

· Registered
4,298 Posts
Kia stinger. You’re probably right. I think really the system (which is sub 200 watts will run fine off the agm batt
Some vehicles can be reprogrammed to eliminate that fuel saving aspect in the charging system, essentially making it charge all the time like an older car. Some vehicles need an additional external box to defeat that system.
But, yeah, if you're only running 200 watts, I wouldn't worry about it.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some vehicles can be reprogrammed to eliminate that fuel saving aspect in the charging system, essentially making it charge all the time like an older car. Some vehicles need an additional external box to defeat that system.
Thanks. It stays at 14.5 with stereo off. I think it’s pulling the volts from the lithium and when it’s full it shows the agm voltage??? Never dropped below 12.5

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2400 although I’m going to lose the 1200 and go to 1 sub for rooms sake then will be about 1200 watts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.