DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Car Audio Guru’s,

I finally transferred back to the states from two years overseas in car audio exile. I picked up a 2016 Audi SQ5 and then realized that it doesn’t have bluetooth audio. I’m researching workarounds as I’ve only found one aftermarket unit that will work with the Audi onboard systems. While discussing a custom box build with a local shop, (I want to keep things as stock looking as possible), the owner told me that if I use my line driver, I should add some sort of power converter for it. I have no idea what that is and didn’t have the time to discuss it with him. Here’s what I’m looking at running for a system.

Stock HU until I can find a replacement that works with the Audi stock systems. Tru Tech SSLD6 line driver, Tru Tech S45 running the stock front mids and tweets, Tru Tech S500 running a Boston Acoustincs G-310-44 at 2 Ohms. I’m pretty happy with the stock system, but the bass could use some serious help. I’m hoping that the S45 with the line driver will make a big difference in sound.

Can anyone give me some insight into the power converter/supplier for the line driver? I’m very new to the car audio scene so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, USN EOD.

·
Listener of Music
2,755 Posts
I would think you could use the Dayton 408 DSP utilizing high level inputs and Bluetooth module instead of your line driver. The you could switch inputs between the radio and your Bluetooth source not to mention the added DSP controls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts