DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently read a thread where someone who has similar equipment to myself said he experienced some really nice benefits from the addition of a Tru Technology line driver. In particular, he mentioned that he had improved dynamics and presence at lower output levels, which I'd really like to experience with my own system.

My question is simply, who makes a good value line driver? I'm more interested in high performance than I am in low cost, but it'd be great to find one that hit both points ;) however unlikely that may be! I am a bit reluctant to add something questionable to my fairly high end signal path... which limits the options a fair bit.

So far, I am aware of: TRU (pretty expensive to get to 6 channels), David Navone models and it appears that Phoenix Gold made some 6 channel versions a while back that are reasonable priced used (missed one on ebay for just over $50). I've also considered going with the Zapco Symbilink set up since I use it already for my sub channel, but I need 6 channels and that adds up to a lot of extra investment!

Any thoughts from those with real experience? Thanks,

Less

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
You know you want it... :p One reason the Tru is so expensive is all those lovely Op-Amps. It would cost $240 to swap them with BB 627s! :eek: I think the PG is the best buy, but I haven't heard it so I couldn't say. Symbilink is also great, but that's just as expensive as the Tru by the time you buy the driver, cables, and receiver unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts