DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could give me a little info on a setup I am trying to install. I purchased 2 of BOSS Audio Systems CXX104DVC Car Subwoofer - 1000 Watts Maximum Power, 10 Inch, Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil. which I have converted to 2ohm and have installed in a ported box. I also purchased Planet Audio AC1200.2 Anarchy 1200-watts Full Range Class A/B 2 Channel 2 Ohm Stable Amplifier I am currently using a Scosche 2ch Line Output Converter w/Remote Level Control and Signal Sensing +12V Remote Output Lineout Converter and the sound is horrible, I am wondering of it is the line converter which is not producing. I have checked all wiring and everything is wired correctly.
I did a little more research and found that the PAC LP7-2 L.O.C. Pro Series 2-Channel Line Output Converter with Remote Turn on seems to be used in a lot of installs. My question is, is the PAC LP7-2 LOC a better choice for my system, will it improve the bass or will I need to upgrade even more to the Audio Control LC2I LC2I Which I really do not want to spend the extra money on at this time if possible, but if I must, then I will. I am looking for anybody who has used this type of setup or info from anyone who knows more about this subject that me. Thanks in advance an apologies if this has been answered before, I did search and could not find the info I needed on here, but I am very very new to forums.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My guess is you’ll need to share some info on the car and HU source, and maybe a better description of the symptoms?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2013 Chrysler 300 with Factory non-Nav head unit. My main question is, will the LP7 work with the above components, or will I require the LC2i to get the most power from the amp to the subs while running off the rear speaker into the line output converter to the amp then to the subs.The only way I can describe the bass right now is at low volume it is ok, but as soon as I turn it up at all the bass becomes distorted and.. not sure how to describe the sound other then tinny.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, like where do you get LOC signal from? Did you mess with LOC levels? Did you set your amp gain? Your amp low pass? You put 2 subs in one box? Did you bridge your amp, and linked the subs together or they get their own channels?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the signal from the rear speakers. I have tried the LOC lvl at different lvls. Amp is low pass, gain on amp has been tried at different lvls and is now at lowest lvl, yes 2 10" boss 500watt subs in ported box, they have been jumped form dual 4 ohm to 2ohm. Amp is not bridged and each sub goes to left and right connectors on amp and LOC rca plugged into amp as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told by a stereo shop that it may be the cheap line converter I am using and he did mention the LC2i.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not installed a custom stereo in any of my cars since back in the 80's, so I have never had to use an LOC before.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Amp low pass set around 80. Sensibility 100mV-2V, gain (level on your amp) should be up, not to max but at least half for now. You said it start to distort at high volume, how high? Compare to max.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are the setups I currently have on the amp. The distortion will start around volume lvl 10. I previously had an 8" powered sub running off the same LOC and that would go to volume lvl 22 before distorting.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sure the LC2I would be better, but if you want to go down that way, you should think DSP instead

·
Registered
181 Posts
You could try without the LOC, and plug directly on high level inputs from speaker wires, I never tried that before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have tried all the adjustments/lvls at different places and it still does not sound like it should. I will look into what a DSP is and see if that would be better. I was saw info saying that if you go from the speaker wire directly to the amp without the LOC the voltage is too high coming from the factory speakers and the LOC lowers it to work with the amp.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes but it's why there are high level inputs on your amp, little white plug on the left

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay. I nothing installed in that spot. The 2 subs are wired from the terminals on the box to the amp connections on the left. Each sub to each +/- terminal. amp 1.jpg

·
Registered
181 Posts
maybe you should try getting signal from the front speakers, instead of the back, I don't know how you HU is setup.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts