DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
maybe you should try getting signal from the front speakers, instead of the back, I don't know how you HU is setup.
I was just about to say the same. Many cars have a high pass filter for the rear deck. Using that as a source for a sub amp won’t work.

You want a full range signal ideally. Not sure where specifically to source that from in your car, but could help with a more targeted search now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I can try running the wires from the front door speakers back to the LOC and see if that makes any difference like you guys suggest.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I will try that tonight and see if that makes any difference and I will let you know.
And you suggest that I set the Low Pass to 80, The sensibility to 100mV-2 with the gain adjusted 1/2 way. And what do you suggest for the gain on the LOC, lowest or highest it is just a +/- adjustment label. And for the Bass Boost, High Pass Frequency, Mode, Low Pass Frequency, what do you suggest. I have tried different settings, but you know much more than me and would like your opinion. amp 2.jpg

·
Registered
181 Posts
Gain of the LOC? after you plugged everything, bring your HU volume to 3/4 of max then start increasing your LOC gain until you can hear distortion.
You will have to play a little between amp gain and LOC gain, Same way for you amp gain, HU volume to 3/4 and start ramping up gain until you hear a distortion.
If you don't hear any distortion, keeping it at around 80% ( same for LOC).
Bass boost, for now at 0, after you try and set it as you like, usually it stays at 0.
Mode is on Low Pass, so you don't have to worry about High Pass.
And Low Pass Frequency is set at 70-90, how you like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Okay. So I have everything set as above and it does sound better already. I am going to go out to a parking lot somewhere and try and tweak it some more now. (Don't want to piss my neighbors off). Lol. I will let you know how it works out when I get back. Thanks for all the help so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Much better now. Going to get a friend to adjust a little more tomorrow while I am in the car so I can get it even better. Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Much better now. Going to get a friend to adjust a little more tomorrow while I am in the car so I can get it even better. Thanks for all the help guys.
Glad it’s sounding better now! Keep tweaking until you’re happy.

Hint: you’ll never be happy, this is a never ending rabbit hole! Lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
So I got a friend to help me adjust while I listen from inside the car and it was sounding really good.... until I tried a bass boosted song and then all I heard was a mechanical noise coming from the subs. Checked the subs and wiring, all was good. Looked at the box and wtf..... it broke the box and is now rattling and sounds horrible. So I am thinking that most of my issue from the start was the crappy box. So I am going to build one because the shipping on boxes is ridiculous. I did find one online with free shipping, but it is only 5/8" MDF. So I will go pick up some 3/4 and build my own. So thanks again for all the help. Definitely made a difference. Comes down to a shady box. Will update again once I get a new box in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I will see if they are open yet. If not, I will pick up the materials and build my own on the weekend. You guys are right. Once you start there is always something more to buy/do. Lol

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
its most likely the line converter. scosche in general make cheap crap. those passive line converters are made by using transformers to step the signal down. the xformers they use are not very good.

an active converter like the lc2i or a DSP would make worlds of difference

21 - 35 of 35 Posts