DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some good quick disconnect links for some 12g wire?

Also looking for 25' of 12g awg wire or better quality. I'm hoping to have everything in my hands by Wednesday.

If any member has the above fs, PM me!

Tyvm

·
Registered
276 Posts
Are these good? I seen these and a similar brand, I assumed they were low end disconnects.
They are made for RC cars that will send a lot more current through them than your amplifier will... unless you are running over 500watts a channel.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is this good wire?
I did a 12g OFC search and found this.
Looking to push about 125-140w per channel on my zapco 150x4

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HZWYKF2/ref=psdcmw_3236443011_t1_B006JSEHJC?th=1&psc=1
I think in general the recommendation is to stick with OFC rather than the CCA wire. I got some KnuKoncepts 12AWG Kord in my amp kit and it's more than beefy. Looks like Amazon has that (Prime even) in 14AWG or 16AWG which I would think be plenty in your application for a few dollars more:
https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Kable-Gauge-Copper-Speaker/dp/B00UI08JJG

Also, not that it matters, but I opted to go with the XT60H connectors in black:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CVSX3SY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Way more tactical :)

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
Anyone have some good quick disconnect links for some 12g wire?

Also looking for 25' of 12g awg wire or better quality. I'm hoping to have everything in my hands by Wednesday.

If any member has the above fs, PM me!

Tyvm
Neutrik Speakon connectors, and Magomi 13ga multi core cable is hard combo to beat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, ordered the knukonceptz 14g and the xt60h QD's

Neutrik Speakon connectors are very nice! I'll use those on the next build :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Also, do you guys leave the XT60H connector in the door or would you leave the connectors like under the door sill and then run the remaining wire to the speaker? Reading some reports that they aren't waterproof, but they look pretty water resistant at least to me. I figure it's not any worse than the speaker terminals being exposed as long as water isn't collecting in the connector.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also, do you guys leave the XT60H connector in the door or would you leave the connectors like under the door sill and then run the remaining wire to the speaker? Reading some reports that they aren't waterproof, but they look pretty water resistant at least to me. I figure it's not any worse than the speaker terminals being exposed as long as water isn't collecting in the connector.
In the door is fine. If worried, shrink em.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yea, those connectors are very snug, I don't anticipate any issues with water. A little dielectric grease might help them slide together easier if anything else, lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wah!!! I did not know these existed. Whenever I see yellow in a vehicle it reminds me of airbags.
Yea, I was literally about to finish my order for the yellow ones and happened to see them in the "related items" list on Amazon, basically the one time their algorithm showed me something I actually wanted to buy instead, haha.

It's nice though because they will be tucked under the dash where you could potentially see them if you were under there, just helps with the stealthy install, minus the blue heat shrink for identification.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yea, I was literally about to finish my order for the yellow ones and happened to see them in the "related items" list on Amazon, basically the one time their algorithm showed me something I actually wanted to buy instead, haha.

It's nice though because they will be tucked under the dash where you could potentially see them if you were under there, just helps with the stealthy install, minus the blue heat shrink for identification.
Yea, I canceled my order and got the black ones!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts