DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Was going to say, I use Monoprice cable for all my copper, and always the sheathed type which makes runs much more practical in a vehicle, with all the sharp metal and such going on under the carpet and panels. XT60 connectors (black would be very nice!) are a joy, and a staple since 2010 for me. Buy in bulk and don't worry about it, just make sure to get a brand that doesn't melt under standard soldering practices because those can ruin your day. Some brands are trash.

·
Listener of Music
2,955 Posts
This was supposed to be ofc used with xt60 connectors. As you can see the heat shrink, the wire still corroded in less than a year. The foggy part is all corrosion.

Broke right off

Trying again

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
I'm starting to think, I should have thought outside the box for nice quick-connector options as opposed to this business on my amp rack. This is the thing I like least about the build so far. Very messy and naked and I'm not a big fan of the cheap fork connectors. The final product will get tidied up a lot more for sure with zip ties and some wire "OCD" but still, I'm not crazy about it at all...

·
Registered
185 Posts
On my little test bench I use

The clear Wagos

And I use the smaller Anderson connectors

I also finally hopped on the ferrule train.

I’ll probably use the andersons in the next build - I’d love to use the wagos but I’m assuming that’s not appropriate for the car environment ? I’m in love with the wagos. I’m not a fan of the XT bullet connectors having to solder them in such tiny terminals, also if you ever disconnect them then the positive and negative terminals seem more exposed for accidental contact .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts