DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how you can apply this liquid deadener.

I guess it does a good job and comes out cheaper then Dynamat and so.

I hear that you have to shoot it on with a paint gun. Can you paint it on the old paintbrushing way??

How long those it take to dry? Is it hard to apply on vrtical surfaces? I guess it must just drip down and make a thick puddle and the vertical wall would be very thin..

More info on this product please.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I rolled it on with a paint roller like you would do a wall and it came out great. In hard to reach places I used a brissle brush. It will not run on vertical surfaces unless you put it on very very thick. I did about 4 layers and am satisfied with the results.

·
Registered
242 Posts
FaintReality said:
I actually used both mat and the liquid, in which I did the liquid over the mat. Laying the mat on properly with no air bubbles was a pain, and took me almost a week to do everything :( The liquid is much easier to apply IMO.
slice into it, alot easier :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
in addition to my other deadening....i put a gallon in each door on just the inner door skin...and the interior door panel.....helped quite a bit :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

That was just the company I was looking at.

Not sure how much I would need to cover the entire car with a good coverage. Want to do some SQ competition soon so I need a good install.

Will deadener be as good as mat? With would come out cheaper when covering the entire car?

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i used vb-1x and IMO opinion its a MUCH better product than the 1spro--I got a bad batch (1s-pro), and it REALLY stunk up my car

a friend of mine used it recently and said the reformatted the formula-- or so they say

but id stick with the water based vb-1x --the spray has toluene in it UUUUGH --for all you chemical foks out there --you know THATS BAD

but it makes it thinner easier to spray yadda yadda

the service guys are AWESOME, the owner is well not likeable

good luck though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.