DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the lookout for new 15s (a pair). I want the bass to boom real ahrd in a vented box but without losing too much of my front SQ. Currently looking at SQL 15 EXTREME, EXTREME just means it's 2 ohm instead of the original 4, and some slightly different specs.

I just wanted to see what the community would use. I've seen JBL is quite popular for example. I know people hate these questions but don't confuse this thread with "i want the best subwoofer". I simply want your experiences with sql suboofers

·
Banned
887 Posts
the term "SQL" is a marketing gimmick UNLESS you are referring to the sound quality league which is a SQ competition circuit. "Sound quality loud" makes absolutely no sense. Sound quality is just that at any volume level.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree with theoldguy on the whole"SQL" term. However I run an Fi Q15 in 3cubes vented, turned down I feel it blends very well, but turned up will hammer the bejeezus out of my truck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The sundown zv4 is a very low distortion driver that gets stupid loud. If sql where real than that would be a sub that would fit that category.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
idmax? tons of options will work though, as when blended most wont be working anything more than 5 10 percent of what they actually can and that means super low distortion overall.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Old thread or not, I still don't think there's a better 15" out there than the W15GTi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts