DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some drivers I bought to test. Rather than send them back, I'd like to pass them on at a great price and hopefully get some more feedback on them in the reviews section. (Please check review forum for pics and comments)

Ascendant Audio Atlas 12" $90

Seas L18RNX/P $95/pr. Reg. price $134

Lpg 50fa 2" silk dome midrange $60/pr. Reg. price $126

Lpga 51AT 2" titanium dome midrange $70/pr. Reg price $135

Aurasound ns3-193 3" alum. cone midrange $20/pr. Reg. price $40

Aurasound nsw2 "Whisper" 2" titanium cone midrange $20/pr. Reg. price $40

LCY 108 ribbon tweeters $260/pr. Reg. price $360

LCY 130 ribbon tweeters $280/pr. Reg. price $380

Vifa mg10md 3" fiberglass midrange $40/pr. Reg. price $86

Vifa pl11wh09-04 4" pl midrange $40/pr. Reg. price $86

Vifa dx25 25mm silk dome tweeter $25/pr. Reg price $52

Vifa xt19 19mm ring radiator tweeter $45/pr. Reg price $90

Vifa d26nc55-06 25mm neo tweeter (looks like cdt 07 tweet) $30 Reg. price $52

Vifa ma26wr-09-04 10" high end subwoofer $80 Reg. price $118
(very similar sound to ultra-high end Scan-speak 10" sub at a fraction of the cost. Black alum cone, fiberglass dustcap, very nice!) see pics below:

·
Registered
20 Posts
npdang,

I am very interested in the SEAS L18.

Which of the other drivers you listed would you add to make up a complete speaker system - excluding the ribbon tweeters as they are outside my budget?

Could you also send a schematic for a crossover design for whatever drivers would work best together?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Atlas 12" - Sold.
Aura 3" - Sold.
Vifa xt19 - Sold.

@Wildcat_Fan - I would use the small Vifa tweeter is space/price is a concern. I recommend active crossovers, set by ear for these drivers. A passive crossover has a number of limitations that would make it difficult to give you a design that gives good results, without first taking some basic measurements in your vehicle. If all you seek is a textbook crossover, I would google for "crossover calculator" and that should do the trick.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey npdang, I'm insterested in the Wisper 2" titanium dome drivers. I tried emailing you through the forum but it gave me an error.... let me know if you still got 'em. Thanks. -Mike

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dcr on the Vifa d26nc is 4.6 ohm.

It's very similar in appearance to the CDT 07 tweet that they sell in their top of the line component set for I believe $1600.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just wanted to let you know that i got my tweets today, they look great cant wait to get them hooked up, although its going to be quite some time before i can. thanks for the quick shipping!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Hey NPDang, I emailed you about the Vifa tweets. I will take them off your hands. $36 right?

BTW...why dont you ever respond to the PMs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.