DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide. I have a CD4000 Eclipse, but I don't know if I should just install it or use my stock CD player (2000 Grand Am) and a LOC. Will the sound quality be significantly affected? I plan on using a cheap 4 channel amp on a cheap Blaupunkt component set and a 12" sealed EQHS in the rear. The main reason for keeping the stock HU is stealth and factory appearance. Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that link! That was a good read. I like the look of my factory receiver, plus it has a 7 or so band EQ built in. I'm trying to keep this installation cheap and stock looking. According to that site I'd be better off using the factory HU and a LOC hooked up very close to the amplifier unless I have a higher-end head unit. Looks like that made my decision for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is an interesting read, and I am in the same dilema. I have a factoy hyundai deck, that is pretty decent, and I have a denford 8240. I will probably have to give them both a listen before making my final decision.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
This is an interesting read, and I am in the same dilema. I have a factoy hyundai deck, that is pretty decent, and I have a denford 8240. I will probably have to give them both a listen before making my final decision.
The denford will sound better, of course,

The best way to make an evaluation is to take an RTA and test the outputs of the HU. I have never tested a Hyundai, but Navone wrote that stuff before we knew how pervasive OE processing would become. Most of his comments are irrelevant to modern OE systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts