DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I need some help. I have a 2016 Honda Civic ex-t with the stock 10 speaker setup and I want to add a sub in the trunk. Normally this wouldn’t be a question but do I have to have an loc or can I use kicker 46kisl and go straight into my audio control matrix plus?? Any help would be great!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
903 Posts
If your just adding a sub, tap it to your sub channel and use a LC2i pro to help with with the bass roll off. But if you don't care about that most amps have built in high level inputs. I have an 18 accord EXL with the same 10 speaker and in order for me to do a complete sound system well.... just read this.⬇ it will explain what I did.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
903 Posts
Ohh and one thing I forgot to mention in that post was the the speed sensing volume compensation or what ever that's called. Turn it off.. you'll learn the hard way if you don't. Yea it sounds good in theory "I go faster music turns up" but in return you've already set your gains to a certain point and if your blashing music "full tilt" and the volume compensation kicks in, so does clipping and your subs will be puffing on that magic smoke if they can't handle it. Learn from my mistakes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! You have a very big system. I don’t have that kinda money but I do have some nice stuff for a full build. Had to wait sales so it has taken me about 3 years

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is my setup
Audiocontrol matrix plus
Cadence qrs6k3
Nvx x-series 6x9
D4s jp84 for for speakers
Audiocontrol epicenter
Power acoustik mofo-12x
Skar box