DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the LSX4000d just for a budjet beater amp. Has anyone had any experience with the brand? It's fused for 160 Amps so Im guessing it will come short of it's 2000 rms rating at 1 ohm. Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've tried all lines of their amps in my store except the LSX line. The only failures I've had were cash and carry sales, so the install was entirely out of my hands. They're WAY overrated amps but for some cheap Chinese amps they're ok. I like the TX line the best but I make sure to point out to my customers these amps will never put out rated power.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Think power acoustik, lanzar, crunch and planet audio. Actually planet audio is a step above that brand.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Make use with what you own. The amp should run @ 60% efficient (1200 watts). Refrain from setting the Master Gain over 1/2 way to max. This should power the sub(s) fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guys. for what I can buy them for (wholesale) I figured it might be worth a shot. Im not a gain cranker and generally use higher quality gear. I was figureing I would do a low budjet build since the market has fallen off so hard.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I wouldn't use Logic gear in my own vehicle but they get the job done. Let us know what you think of the LSX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will if I go with it. I just have a hard time spending a little on an amp when I can spend just a little bit more for a better one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts