DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen people use the squeezebox in a car but not the duet. Has anyone seen this done? I would be connecting it to (2) 2x4 minidsps, and really love the idea of having a wireless remote rather than any type of headunit. The duet has been discontinued but you can get them for a 200ish on the web still.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Squeezebox-Wi-Fi-Internet-Radio/dp/B0013IWYHU

·
Registered
30 Posts
I own a duet at home and have lots of remote receivers around the house. I _really_ hate using the duet's remote! I will use almost anything else first (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, web browser). If I needed a dedicated remote in the car I'd buy an old iPod touch and run "iPeng" to control any squeezebox.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you share what you dont like about it? Is it the interface or the actual controls, because i have heard people complain about the wheel. Would I be able to run the duet directly into the minidsps with no headunit or computer? Can the duet access music from an external hardrive plugged directly into it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The remote is generally slow but yeah, the wheel is horrible compared to touch screen direct entry. Any text input for search, setup, etc is very very painful. Even menu selection is so much better on a touch screen.

The duet requires a wifi network for all operation between the remote and reciever. So you would have to at least run a router in the car. At that point I would run an iPod touch. You may also have to run a server or have 3G access to a remote squeezebox server.

I don't own a regular squeezebox so I don't know if they can be run standalone with a USB drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts