DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shop claims to be the best in Atlanta and that they have top five installers in the country. These entities were told numerous times over and over before the install and was given Eric Stevens phone number if they had any issues and they still did this dumb shlt. Then after being confronted about incorrectly installing the horns they became very defensive and said Eric doesn't know what he's talking about and they've been installing horns for years.

I've had the shop manager threatened me and we've had missing paneling that I'm going to have to replace. Since I'm out of town for work I got my wife to take the car back up there which is an hour from us and they completely waste her time. She sat there for 3 hours and all they did was take the horns out after she told them that she couldn't wait any longer that she had a recital to go to.. they just gave her back the car with the horns and wiring on the front seat.

If y'all must know the shop it's Traffic Jams

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
lol..maybe eric has been doing them backwards for 40 years. Hope they didn't cut them in any way. #fail

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sound sensations in Marietta seems to be a better place overall back when I was doing audio. I don’t know how they are now. Never even heard of Traffic Jams, honestly.

·
Super Moderator
472 Posts
Looks like a great place to store receipts, paperwork or sunglasses...

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Charger SXT
100 Posts
I'm so sorry that they ****ed up your horns, I know exactly how you feel. The shop I took my horns to installed it incorrectly and cut the horn body so badly, I would need to replace them. If a shop doesn't know how to install horns, then they should admit so. The shop I took it to told me they totally knew about horns but obviously didn't. I even gave them Eric's phone number and they never called him. I can understand business is tough and getting jobs is tough but this is wrong. I hope you can find another place that knows how to install them or have a plan B. You have my most sincerest condolences.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Man that bites! I’ve never installed horns but these are obviously backwards. Out of my own curiosity how do you mount/install these properly?

·
Registered
503 Posts
there is a company in the marietta/kennesaw area that is a stevens dealer, installs his horns, and has some f/s comp neo's in stock
aside from that company, sound sensations is a decent shop, high volume well done cookie cutter installs from what ive seen

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there is a company in the marietta/kennesaw area that is a stevens dealer, installs his horns, and has some f/s comp neo's in stock
aside from that company, sound sensations is a decent shop, high volume well done cookie cutter installs from what ive seen
Who is this company in kennesaw/marietta?

·
Registered
503 Posts
im somewhat associated with them, so id rather not say publicly, i want my presence here to be fully neutral, im just here to learn, and, tbh, their business is in a "growing" state rn, waiting until theyre more established may be worthwhile... best of luck to 'em, well see

·
Registered
873 Posts
This shop claims to be the best in Atlanta and that they have top five installers in the country. These entities were told numerous times over and over before the install and was given Eric Stevens phone number if they had any issues and they still did this dumb shlt. Then after being confronted about incorrectly installing the horns they became very defensive and said Eric doesn't know what he's talking about and they've been installing horns for years.

I've had the shop manager threatened me and we've had missing paneling that I'm going to have to replace. Since I'm out of town for work I got my wife to take the car back up there which is an hour from us and they completely waste her time. She sat there for 3 hours and all they did was take the horns out after she told them that she couldn't wait any longer that she had a recital to go to.. they just gave her back the car with the horns and wiring on the front seat. View attachment 299809

If y'all must know the shop it's Traffic Jams

View attachment 299807 View attachment 299808
I would look into doing a chargeback with your credit card. I hate to even say that because a lot of losers abuse chargebacks just to get free stuff, but if you gave them the opportunity to fix it and they are assholes then I think it is justified.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
They just don’t know anything about horns and failed to find out how they work

The general labor may have been good ,
I have very dam good installers that don’t know squat about acoustics or how things operate , they just install stuff

Either way that sucks.... it’s too bad

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Where can I get a pair of those horns? Always loved the way the ID horns sounded.
Look up Steven's Audio on Facebook. He no longer has a web site. Contact him directly if interested. He may direct you to a dealer if you are close enough to one. He may sell them direct if not.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Captain obvious says I'm thinking the long side of the flare needs to face center to get the best imaging. That's kind of a no brainer to anyone who has been involved with car audio for a few years.

To their defense though, there are zero instructions in the box. Maybe Eric should include a few basic diagrams. Chances are they put some newb installer on this task who fugged it up.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
dont put noobs on non-traditional installs. dont put noobs on anything and not check their work.
these guys may not be noobs
Horn loaded compression drivers are very unique and I would say 99.99999% of installers out there never seen such a thing....

Believe me when I say this there are some very good installers that don’t know **** about good car audio but their install technique is very good and they run wires like a champ and they melt things professionally but when it comes to set up in tuning they just fall on their ****ing face

·
Registered
86 Posts
I haven’t used anyone for audio in Atlanta for years, but Sound Sensations in Marietta, and Car Tunes On Roswell Rd used to have good reputations. I don’t know if that is still the case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
service is a thing of the past nobody really seems to care anymore about things such as customer satisfaction or reputation. that is why I am a firm believer in "do it yourself"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts