Ohh yes, I forgot to show this:

4 ohm BABY!!!!!

That's all for now. ;)
Kelvin

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Veeerrrryyyy nice!!!!

How long was your wait for the 4 ohm version?

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Veeerrrryyyy nice!!!!

How long was your wait for the 4 ohm version?
Placed the order on September 1st and those arrived yesterday. 12,500 miles from Germany to Tahiti :p

Wasn't in a hurry but I'm eager to play with these... Going IB in doors with the ability to Xover 1/3 oct lower compared to the X65 and yet having 3dB more in overall output according to WinISD... Should mate better with my horns :cool:

Kelvin

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Placed the order on September 1st and those arrived yesterday. 12,500 miles from Germany to Tahiti :p

Wasn't in a hurry but I'm eager to play with these... Going IB in doors with the ability to Xover 1/3 oct lower compared to the X65 and yet having 3dB more in overall output according to WinISD... Should mate better with my horns :cool:

Kelvin

I'm jealous! :) What website did you order from if you don't mind me asking?

Kelvin, would you mind posting up some impressions/comments once installed? I think Mikey7182 is the only guy on here that's said anything about them.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm jealous! :) What website did you order from if you don't mind me asking?

Kelvin, would you mind posting up some impressions/comments once installed? I think Mikey7182 is the only guy on here that's said anything about them.
Thomann Cyberstore

I will ;) Might update this thread with my impressions :D

Kelvin

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Congrats Kelvin. With a Qts of 0.27 wouldn't they do better in a small sealed enclosure in your door or in kicks?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Very curious to see how you like them and how low they play relative to the ID's. Congrats on the new buy.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats Kelvin. With a Qts of 0.27 wouldn't they do better in a small sealed enclosure in your door or in kicks?
I'll be crossing around 100Hz so I don't think Qts would be too important.
Kicks are out of question coz I'm planning a front mounted IB sub in the passenger footwell... :D

Kelvin

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Port them!
Wish I could but this is not my car, it's my girlfriend's car and had to negociate for the front mounted sub :blush:
Next project maybe :p

Kelvin

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Crap... I wanted to install my drivers today but my soldering station just died (don't know how???). Guess I have to wait for next week-end :(

Wow - impressive looking woofer. How do you plan on using it?
Answer in post #4

Kelvin

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Hey Kelvin,

It's the weekend after the next. . . any news on the mids?

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Kelvin,

It's the weekend after the next. . . any news on the mids?
:blush: Did not have time to install it yet... This time I'm not being lazy, it's just that I had too many things to do.

Next week-end for sure :D Don't worry, I'm as eager as you to hear what those drivers are about...

Kelvin

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
:blush: Did not have time to install it yet... This time I'm not being lazy, it's just that I had too many things to do.

Next week-end for sure :D Don't worry, I'm as eager as you to hear what those drivers are about...

Kelvin

Any good news on an update? :D

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any good news on an update? :D
The good news is that I can fit my door panel back now :D
The bad news is... nah, there's no bad news. These ROCKS :cool:

Strange thing is that I needed to do some a 0.1ms T/A adjustment in order to keep my previous soundstage. HP went from 100Hz 12dB/oct to 80Hz 12dB/oct without diffusing the midrange. Mids are still playing up to 1.6kHz though.
Horns gain went up quite a bit too since I'm getting close to 3dB theoritical output.

I'm FOREVER converted to Pro Audio mids :p

Also needed a slight adjustment in the L/R EQ.

How does it sound? I would like to do some more seating time before posting a review but I don't think I will be going back to the ID X65 ;)

Forgot to take a picture of it installed but since I need to install some speaker tweaker, I'll take some next time.

Kelvin

1 - 20 of 79 Posts