DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didnt post this in the classifieds because im not ready to purchase yet, i like to compare products first, but i havent been able to find any as of yet. what im looking for is a quality 2 inch midrange speaker to replace the factory junk.
i would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions. thanks in advance

brad

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, thanks for the link. i searched earlier and wasnt able to find something under 2.5". after looking at my set up again though i think i might be able to use something of that size.. i wanted to get a general idea of what everyone things of DLS brand speakers.. i found a decent priced 3 way set, i've just never heard of the brand. HERE is the link i found.. if i could find a nice 5.25" 3 way set, that would solve a lot of my problems

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
are the aurasound 2" drivers better? i'll be honest, i dont know a whole lot about mids.. i kinda thought they'd be more expensive though.. half the tweeter pairs i've seen are like a hundred bucks. i guess i've become accustomed to the "you get what you pay for" school of thought. does the price of these drivers have anything to do with the quality?
the other thing i noticed is most of these mid range speakers on madisound have like a 15 watt rms rating.. i'm not sure that's going to work for what i'm trying to do!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'm throwing 70 watts at those Peerless mids.

It's all in how you use them.

Car audio is not about getting what you pay for anymore. It's about getting you to pay for less.

You need to learn where the real value is. That's what this site was founded on.

You're looking for a 2" midrange. You first need to figure out what bandwidth you need it to play. Then you find a speaker that can handle that.

Understand that there's no super 2" midrange/full range speaker out there. Just too many design issues with this type of speaker. You have to know what you're willing to sacrifice.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Not to thread jack,but could this peerless play low enough to match up to the Dayton RS180 and also play high enough to replace your tweeters?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts