DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like something that does 75-125w per channel that will bridge to 300w plus on the rear channels, smaller footprint preferred and not banged/scratched up. Under $200 shipped only, thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
AudioClinic (Mike) on eBay has a few of the US Acoustics USB-4085 for $79+$15 shipping.

12.9v ratings are 2x85w + 1x240w @ 4ohms. 14.4v ratings are probably closer to 2x100w + 1x300w @ 4 ohms.

Mike will add an additional year of warranty for $15.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Mb quart DSC4125 - it's a rock solid amp that puts out tons of power and the internals are EXTREMELY impressive, it does 125x4 rms or 500x2 bridged. $149 shipped on ebay, if there's any left.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mb quart DSC4125 - it's a rock solid amp that puts out tons of power and the internals are EXTREMELY impressive, it does 125x4 rms or 500x2 bridged. $149 shipped on ebay, if there's any left.
MB Quart = Maxxsonics = Crunch

MB Quart is no longer German designed and made. MB Quart no longer has an affiliation with Rockford Fosgate. MB Quart was bought out about 3 years ago by Maxxsonics and their amps are made in China. Basically rebadged Crunch amps.

Buyer beware. This isn't the MB Quart it used to be.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I feel bad jacking the thread but since somebody already ****tied it up...

MB Quart = Maxxsonics = Crunch

MB Quart is no longer German designed and made. MB Quart no longer has an affiliation with Rockford Fosgate. MB Quart was bought out about 3 years ago by Maxxsonics and their amps are made in China. Basically rebadged Crunch amps.

Buyer beware. This isn't the MB Quart it used to be.
I've noticed that a great majority of your posts here are used to push Audio Clinic and the old US Acoustics amps. I never cared much for those amps but that's beside the point.

Here's one of my MB Quart DSC-480s, the little brother to the one nismos14 suggested but a better comparison (4X80 RMS or 2X320 RMS bridged) to your USB-4085:

Here's your regarded US Acoustics USB-4085:

I'm not an amplifier designer or an Audio Engineer, Maybe you could enlighten us regular folks about what makes the USB-4085 so much better?
And since you claim the MB Quarts are just rebadged Crunch amps, would you mind letting us know which Crunch amps you claim these MB Quarts are?

Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying these are bad amps. I know nothing about them. What I do know is that MB Quart never made amps until their affiliation with Rockford Fosgate. They only made speakers.

Before Maxxsonics bought MB Quart, the MB Quart amps were made and designed by RF.

After Maxxsonics bought MB Quart the amps were made in China along with all of the other Maxxsonics brand amps.

Btw, the 4085 amp you've linked to is not the USB-4085 it's the USX-4085.

The reason I recommend US Acoustics amps is because they're a known quantity. They're well made, have a track record, and the price to power ratio is fantastic. I never said they were any better than any other amp.

My point is that MB Quart doesn't mean what it used to mean. Not designed or made in Germany. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I have no idea.

You seem to like yours and Nismos14 likes his. That's a good sign.

Enjoy your amps.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I feel bad jacking the thread but since somebody already ****tied it up...

I've noticed that a great majority of your posts here are used to push Audio Clinic and the old US Acoustics amps. I never cared much for those amps but that's beside the point.

Here's one of my MB Quart DSC-480s, the little brother to the one nismos14 suggested but a better comparison (4X80 RMS or 2X320 RMS bridged) to your USB-4085:
I'm not an amplifier designer or an Audio Engineer, Maybe you could enlighten us regular folks about what makes the USB-4085 so much better?
And since you claim the MB Quarts are just rebadged Crunch amps, would you mind letting us know which Crunch amps you claim these MB Quarts are?

Thanks!
From the pics alone the MB Quart certainly looks more impressive. I've used the USB 4085 also a refurb from Audioclinic and it is a clean sounding amp that seems to put out its rated power. One caveat I would mention is that the highs may sound a bit bright/strident if you have a tweeter/xover on the bright side and lack the EQ to tame it. I switched this into my system w/ a focal polykevlar passive set last weekend and could tolerate only a few hours at which time I gratefully reinstalled the original RF amp. On the flip side I imagine it might go quite well w/ the Alpine Type X system in the other car.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Btw, the 4085 amp you've linked to is not the USB-4085 it's the USX-4085.
X2 USB = cheap Chinese junk
USA or USX = American made (Zed audio) solid build, rated power, and regulated power supply.

I'd also vouch for Audioclinic. I've bought a couple from him and I'm very happy.

What I have for 100X4 doesn't fit the "small footprint", so I'll just leave now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
i have never had it cut off does rated power and kept up with my old school cadence a7 hc @ 1 ohm{1400+ rms}
dont know who makes it or owns c/v now but nice cheap amp clean and strong
It's a copy of an Arc board...search the forums, a lot of good reviews on that line of CV amps.

·
Registered
404 Posts
X2 USB = cheap Chinese junk
USA or USX = American made (Zed audio) solid build, rated power, and regulated power supply.

I'd also vouch for Audioclinic. I've bought a couple from him and I'm very happy.

What I have for 100X4 doesn't fit the "small footprint", so I'll just leave now.
I wonder what you bought from Audioclinic as all his present listings are 'USB' line as they have been for a while. And I think he says they are made in Korea as I believe the USX line is also. Gads, hope you didn't buy junk! Anyway they are solid amps as I have one bridged doing sub duty in another car. The amp is surviving being mounted to the sub box and gets only warm, but not hot to touch. I even accidentally tried to fry it by not disconnecting the power at the battery upon reinstall. No kidding, that thing had smoke wafting off of it a good 15 minutes later and when I replaced the fuse at the battery the thing worked and continues to work perfectly. They even look nice in no nonsense black w/ some brushed aluminum heat fins. The prices that Audioclinic charges are near giveaways and he delivers promptly.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I wonder what you bought from Audioclinic as all his present listings are 'USB' line as they have been for a while. And I think he says they are made in Korea as I believe the USX line is also. Gads, hope you didn't buy junk! Anyway they are solid amps as I have one bridged doing sub duty in another car. The amp is surviving being mounted to the sub box and gets only warm, but not hot to touch. I even accidentally tried to fry it by not disconnecting the power at the battery upon reinstall. No kidding, that thing had smoke wafting off of it a good 15 minutes later and when I replaced the fuse at the battery the thing worked and continues to work perfectly. They even look nice in no nonsense black w/ some brushed aluminum heat fins. The prices that Audioclinic charges are near giveaways and he delivers promptly.
Got a couple 1000F's (yeah a while ago), definitely NOT junk, as I always undress new amps when i buy them, but also had a couple friends order smaller ones and also had a good experience.

The Korean USX's are Zed design assembled overseas. Newer ones appear to be different board alltogether. I picked up a Korean USX on here a while back and the LED strip was too cheezy for me to deal with...sold it on eBay at a 20$ loss.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Got a couple 1000F's (yeah a while ago), definitely NOT junk, as I always undress new amps when i buy them, but also had a couple friends order smaller ones and also had a good experience.

The Korean USX's are Zed design assembled overseas. Newer ones appear to be different board alltogether. I picked up a Korean USX on here a while back and the LED strip was too cheezy for me to deal with...sold it on eBay at a 20$ loss.
Oh okay I gotcha. I never stripped down my 4085 or 2100, but you are right in that the ampguts pic looks pretty weeny. The sound on the USB stuff seems to be pretty clean though w/ a low noise floor, even in a still vehicle, and the modest 300 watts sounds tight and ballsy going to a Magv4.

·
The Anti-Rice
2,524 Posts
I have actually thought about selling my car and my audio equipment. So that would be two Zukis BNIB up for sale....still have not decided yet.....however you could also look into the these Clarions small and powerful........APX4361....there is some buzz in the hot deal section about them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.