DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a mobile lover, I have used many smartphones with Qualcomm, impressed with its performance. But I found that there are few car stereo equipped with such car stereos. The only one I found
currently is the Xtrons QB1090UN_L with qualcomm 2.0 GHz 4G Ram 64G Rom. The problem is that it is too experiensive for me. Do you know any other one with lower price?

·
Banned
763 Posts
Gamers Nexus should really talk about this. This is the one area of chips that is not talked about. Do the generic Qualcomm chips perform as good?

Are you sure that the chip in that unit is an O.G. ? Or just a copy of a Fab?

What is it that impresses you about the performance? Like what is the metric that you are using?
The Qualcomm snapdragon is a great CPU, but.. Software is more important and hardware surrounding the CPU.

If CPU power and a Qualcomm board is what you want to use, you can always use Android remote desktop on a tablet of your choice, or just a screen and get digital out to boot. Just install the ROM package from XDA developers.

You should be able to get the chipset you like to use. You can even do this with a cheap $50 unit and just use the hardware from something like a UMP-1 Media Player that has Qualcoms chipsets in them. They are on ebay for less then $20 bucks. The were distributed from Kollins of the usa. And there are some China copies of the same board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you're looking for a head unit, power, function, and aesthetics are all important factors to consider. i guess you are watching an XTRONS with most powerful hardware with extensive Just visited XTRONS website, some new products are with features which stand out among the other competitive products. i have an old XTRONS as well, not Android though, but i am very satisfied with its performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts