DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 3.5mm headphone plug that i can mount on my dash. Meaning, I need something that will allow me to drill a hole in the dash, stick it through the back and mount it with some sort of ring or nut. Think about how a switch mounts and that's what I'm looking for. If possible, I'd like it to have an RCA dongle on the back end, but I think that may be asking too much. I'm not scared of soldering my own RCA connectors onto the jack if I need to.

Big picture, this is going to be mounted on my HU mount kit and the RCAs will run into my aux input. I want to be able to have a cable with a 3.5mm stereo jack on each end to connect my phone, or other device, to the jack but not have a cable hanging around all the time.

·
Registered
933 Posts
something like this perhaps? I have a few of these lying around at my shop.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks like it might be close. Is the end designed to flush mount to a dash or something similar. If it is then the only thing wrong with it is the end is a 3.5mm jack instead of a pair of male RCA ends.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bingo! Thanks a lot. I was looking for a one piece device, but that is fine too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts