DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at upgrading my head unit. Right now I've got a Pioneer dehp980bt, I have an ARC KS300.4 running my HSK 165 components and a DB Drive K512. I want to buy a head unit that will give me the foundation to build on and expand to almost any setup. Please help to offer up suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Only option IMO:

Pioneer DEX-P99RS

You already knew that though....right??? lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please don't flame me for this, but is the p99rs that much better than the 880/800prs of the past?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was sure that would be the exact first response. lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I really just have to convince myself (or have you all convince me) it's worth spending the money:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been reading some reviews... I'm coming closer to being convinced. Is there any better HU on the market? For under $2k?

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I've been reading some reviews... I'm coming closer to being convinced. Is there any better HU on the market? For under $2k?
Current, I'd say no... But I could be wrong. But the sq, processing, plus the ability for hd radio, bt, usb, ipod integration, and sleek understated looks... Can't be beat in a single box solution imo.

·
Banned
342 Posts
Agree.the all in one solution is briliant compare hu and processor price the 99 is relatively bargain.If you wanna step up get ODR :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn I wish I was still direct with pioneer... I've been getting their HUs from a distributor for a while now (when the economy took a dump it hit us hard, we couldn't keep up with demands) and only direct dealers can get the stage 4 stuff. I just can't justify the price without knowing the markup I guess. There's probably not much of one. I'm dead-set on this unit now though. I might end up cracking soon.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
There is one for sale in the classifieds for $925 right now.
Not sure if you saw it or not.... Pretty good price really.

Very happy with mine.... And I got it at crutchfield's price. Lol it's a good investment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Aren't you guys worried about thieves ripping off such an expensive H/U? What sort of security measures to you run to keep that from happening or are there any really worth implementing for a dedicated thief?

John

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Aren't you guys worried about thieves ripping off such an expensive H/U? What sort of security measures to you run to keep that from happening or are there any really worth implementing for a dedicated thief?

John
Most thieves have no idea what it is or what it may be worth :D. I lock my doors and turn my stereo down before entering a parking lot. Nothing too fancy here!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts