DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Rockford p500-2, would like to go up in power and better in SQ, would like to keep it less than $1k needs to be a solid 2 ohm/channel amp.

What would you suggest?
Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The amp will run Two 8 inch 2-ways and a component tweeter on each channel, so this is not for a sub. The sub amp is a T1500 on eight 10's, need to get the output up on the mids and highs.

·
Registered
950 Posts
A pure powerhouse SQ machine. ~1100 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms, 2 ohms it will actually do less, ~ 800 w x 1 @ 2 ohms. BUT....If you do the mod (super easy to do, no joke, did it to one of mine) it will do ~1500 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms.

Phoenix Gold ZPA0.5

phoenix gold zpa 0.5 awesome condition | eBay

Tell me more about this 'easy' mod! Please..

I have a mint Phoenix Gold ZPA 0.5 that works that I would sell for just a fuzz over his starting bid for a possibly burnt amp in need of repair.

PM if there is any intrest!

Also, OP- I have some nice old school power for you. Orion hcca 425 new or if you need a 2bigger amp I have an Orion Xtreme 600.4 those are of many avalable

Steve

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the Arc Audio SE2300 looks to be the best bet. Anyone have any problems with them -overheating?-Running 2ohm loads in stereo?-Anything?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
lol

Keep your amp. RF amps are good. You won't hear a difference even in an Arc SE.

If you really feel you need more power then you need to at least double it, and that wouldn't be that big an upgrade, really. Only 3dB minus losses and power compression. I'm not sure what kind of speakers you think can take much more power than this, though. This amp can push almost any 6.5" component set to the danger zone.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the reply, The rockford P500.2 does well until it heats up.
Here is the deal,

Multiple sources(HU, Iphone, Digital) go into a Bitone

Out of the Bitone, the fronts are 2- 8inch 2ways and a component Tweeter on each side, all running on one P500.2
Out of the Bitone, the rears are Rockford 3 way 6.5's and a component tweeter on each side, all running on a P300.2
Out of the Bitone, the Subs are eight 10 inch pioneer ibflat 10's, all running of a T1500.

I listen to the music Very Loud-BUT since the Bitone allows for sooo much compesation in freq response and alignment I have lost some volume due to the flattening of the response, I had to cut some non linear output to get it flat. NOW, I am needing to up the output of the front to make it more dynamic. The 500.2 gets hot after a bit and it is a slight-but noticable- degradation on the output. Therefore-need more power at or better than the p500.2's SQ.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol

Keep your amp. RF amps are good. You won't hear a difference even in an Arc SE.
then why don't I see more about them (RF) here on this forum? Are they too mainstream or are the esoteric amps "Cooler" to own?
Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Because RF IS NOT an SQ oriented company today as they once were, at least some of their lines were.

Another Phorum member used to work at RF and he has stated, as well as reviews done, that RF puts a small bump in the bass region, non defeatable. Granted that was in their more powerful amps, so I don't recall if that was in all amps/lines. But for that reason alone they should not be considered an SQ amp. Because it imposes it's own sound into the music you're feeding it.

Me, personally, feel the same way about tube amps. People describe them as being "warm" sounding. Warm would be not of the original material (music) played.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
then why don't I see more about them (RF) here on this forum? Are they too mainstream or are the esoteric amps "Cooler" to own?
Thanks for your reply
Because people on this forum don't like anything mainstream. They like using brands that many havnt heard of before because it makes them feel special.

IMO, Punch and Power series amplifiers are great, especially for the money/availability/warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have mint Brax X2000 version 1. The price is just a little over what you wrote. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks and good luck with your find.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Because people on this forum don't like anything mainstream. They like using brands that many havnt heard of before because it makes them feel special.

IMO, Punch and Power series amplifiers are great, especially for the money/availability/warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Angry, I agree with you, byt let's take this one more step-What amp would you replace my P500.2 with?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts