DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for Helix RS 6.3 crossover schema (please help on design, only few questions)

Hi everyone!

I'm making a new 3 way set for my car.

The amplifier is an Audison HV sedici (16), the older Audison Thesis.

My mid-woofers are the Scan Speak Revelator 18W/4531G00 and the midrange and tweeter are the ones from the Helix RS 6.3 kit.

I want to run them on with a home made passive crossover but I can't find any high resolution picture or a schema from the Helix's crossover.

Anyone there has this kit?

If the answer is positive, I would like one picture from the front and another from the back, so I can draw the schema (and later I'll post it here for everyone)

Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks again!

I have all the data except the coils... and how they are connected.
In the manual of the 3 way set, they say this:

Crossover frequency - 600 / 5000 Hz
Croosover slope - 12 dB / oct.

but also you can see this graphs...

Here we have the tweeter :

And here the midrange:

And here you can see the values of the crossover:

Ok. I guess we have a Butterworth 2nd order slope.

The 68uF capacitors, coil4,coil5, the 1.0 Ohm and the 1.5 Ohm resistors are all of them for the notch filter.

I guess the 5,6 F capacitor is for the tweeter ( simulating the cut for a 4 ohm speaker is near 5000 Khz and the coil should be 0.18 mH )

i don't know where can i fit the two 10.0F...

I guess the 12F capacitor is for the woofer, but i don't know what to do with the 10F...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Yeah I am not even going to pretend......That is like a foreign language to me!!! I never got into the nitty gritty of passives. I would like to but never really had the tutoring. I would check with minivan if he is still around here. He is the passive guru and actually answered some questions regarding these exact passives for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I am not even going to pretend......That is like a foreign language to me!!! I never got into the nitty gritty of passives. I would like to but never really had the tutoring. I would check with minivan if he is still around here. He is the passive guru and actually answered some questions regarding these exact passives for me.
:thumbsup: Talking with another guy, he thinks the 68uF capacitors are to cut low pass the woofer and high pass the midrange speaker, and i think he would be right, with that and 4 ohm speakers the cut is around 412 hz but that's under the FS of the midrange, I don't know if there's any problem with that...

and one of the 10F capacitors are supposed to be used for the notch net for the woofer with 1.5 Ohm and 1 Ohm resistors in paralell

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no more info found :(

anyone there with this kit or who can help me with how it might be connected?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sent an email to Audiotec-Fishcher and they gave me the schema :D

if anybody needs it, send me a PM

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Hey man, when you order the parts can you send me a parts list....I know you have already done so much but I have someone that can put it together and probably do a kick a$$ job of it.... I just need to order the right stuff. I still have no clue what it all means..... Hope all is going well for school.....not a bad place to be!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts