DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Honda CRZ with a Pioneer 2660NEX feeding factory speakers the 6 factory speakers, Kicker 500w RMS at 2ohms downfiring enclosure fed with a Kicker CXA600.1. I don't understand all of the crossover options about Hz and db.

· Registered
395 Posts
simple answer is Hz is the crossover frequency. db is the slope of the crossover frequency. a 24db slope will drop off faster than say a 12db slope. it's how many decibels it drops per octave.

I'll let others give you more details

oops, I mis read a little. the built in crossover might not be capable of working properly in your situation. You need to know what speakers you have. The built in crossover in the pioneer is typically only for passive components or coax's. they do not typically have bandpass capabilities; which is what you would need. I don't know enough about the pioneer but I'm fairly sure it won't work properly.

for example, you might have midbass/midrange drivers and tweeter up front. You need highpass and low pass (bandpass) on the midbass/midrange, then highpass for the tweeters...and/or capacitor (passive/ bass blocker as some call them)

· Registered
138 Posts
.put on some music you like, i suggest you start off with your sub off. this way you hear just "mids/tweets". go into the crossover settings. set the slopes to 24 then set the front and rear high pass to 100 listen, then change to 90 listen then 80 listen. after listening to the diff frequency settings, set it to the one that sounds "best". You might also find that your front and rear like to be crossed over at different frequencies. Once you feel it sounds good it is time to dial in the sub. put music back on, I would start off with the low pass at 80 with 24 db slope. if you set your high pass to 100 then try 90 for low pass and then try 90 then 80. see what sounds best/ blends with your factory mids/tweets. (this step assumes your sub amp gains are already set. if you need to set your sub amp gain there are a number of ways to do this).

· Registered
138 Posts
i should have added this last night. you can try setting the crossover lower on the high pass as well. two of our car speakers are powered by the head unit and i have them crossed lower one at 50 other 30. if i was to power them by an amp i would raise the high pass frequency.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.