DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide on a replacement for the Zapco ST-6 I'm currently running in my system. Currently the Zapco runs channels 1-2 to front tweeters, channels 3-4 to mids and 5-6 for rear fill. Gladen RC70 is bridged to front mid bass. I am looking to replace the Zapco because one of the channels is starting to randomly cut in and out and the upper frequencies can get a tad harsh at higher volumes. I have a Zuki 6-channel on the shelf at home but it's huge and all of my amps are mounted on the rear cab wall in my truck. Currently I am debating between a mmats 6150, more than I want to spend and probably overkill, or there is a Helix A6 in the classifieds that looks interesting but would also be tough to fit and not sure if the step down in power would be noticeable. I've tried the Arc XDI's in the past and wasn't happy with the way they sounded. I'm sure most will say get the MMATS but would like opinions or if there are any other 6 channels in the 5-600$ range I should consider.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
A very underrated amplifier is the sundown sdx line. I have two of the sdx100.4 and a sdx 1200.1.
I had to get rid of all my other stereo integrity amplifiers due to space in my crew max tundra.

very powerful amplifiers and they don’t draw attention to themselves which is a good thing. Transparent is how I would describe them and very small.

i think the 6 channel is 6x100.
And it is in your budget

not a lot of info out there about them but I put them under the front seats in the truck.

highly recommend them for tight installs.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If you did not like the ARC Xdi then I would stick with a class A/B.. the XDI & X2 are some of the best class D you can get. I have owned both and have not owned the mmats but I would find it very hard to believe it is that much better than the ARC.

6 channel and small footprint is a very difficult thing to find. I would honestly take that Helix over everything else talked about here because I have used them and know they sound fantastic.. but for smaller space maybe consider..

Mosconi Gladen One 100.6

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Helix A6 in the classifieds should be able to barely make it fit and always wanted to try a Helix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts