DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of setting up a dedicated midbass in my doors and looking to upgrade from my current Pioneer TS D1720C Component set in the kicks. Looking to spend about 150 and have about 50rms give or take to give the component set. Mainly need mids and highs out of them as my midbass will be playing up to about 300hz; so they'll take over from there. Any suggestions??

I have been really leaning towards the Boston Acoustics SC60 (high sensitivity/efficiency), also have experience with BA stuff) or JL Audio C2 650 (have experience with JL Audio as well). But open to other suggestions before I buy.

Looking for smooth vocals and crisp clear highs. The Pioneers are kind of bright so trying to stay away from that.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Do you have kick panels already?

Are you stuck on 6.5" components?

You could get more efficient drivers which might work better with the 50w RMS.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have kick panels already?

Are you stuck on 6.5" components?

You could get more efficient drivers which might work better with the 50w RMS.
yes i already have the kick panels. 6.5 is the largest I can go.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Ok. What I was getting at is that you can make a baffle for the kicks and use a 5.25" or 4" comp set. Or even a point source.

Another option is to use a full range driver like a FR89EX. With this option you will need an inline capacitor but that's not a big deal.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may consider a 5.25comp set. Not too sure about those drivers you recommended, I'd have to do some research on them. Really wanting to do a full passive comp set so I can play with tweeter placements

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Phoenix Gold Ti series if you can find them. They are very smooth and natural sounding comps and the tweets blend seamlessly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phoenix Gold Ti series if you can find them. They are very smooth and natural sounding comps and the tweets blend seamlessly.
only set i found of those is on ebay for 350 :undecided:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would any of these even be worth the upgrade over my Pioneers or should I work with them and add my midbass with them and see what happens?

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
My whole point was that you don't need a 6.5" if you are going to run a midbass up to 300Hz.

5.25" comp sets will be cheaper, or a full range might be better in the midrange frequencies.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My whole point was that you don't need a 6.5" if you are going to run a midbass up to 300Hz.

5.25" comp sets will be cheaper, or a full range might be better in the midrange frequencies.
yea, the only reason I was sticking with 6.5 was that my kicks are already cut out for 6.5s. Maybe I could run my 6.5 midbass in my kick and then put my midrange maybe 5.25 in my door....if i decide to switch out the pioneers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts