DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade the source unit on my 2013 Honda Accord Sport. My first thought is a high quality single DIN head unit that can be installed in place of the pocket in the center console. It would need Bluetooth for hands free calling at a minimum, HD radio and a USB input that will play loss less files would be awesome. Only thing I have come across so far is the Pioneer P99. Are there any less expensive options?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just was reading about it. Very interesting piece but the looks turn me off. Will do some more reading on it though.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Why not use the OEM BT routed into an aftermarket unit through the aux input, similar to what KHA did. This might open you up some more options.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
the 80prs is a really great unit if you can get past the ui and terrible button feel..i couldn't.

the alpine 149 is what I'd use In this case.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not use the OEM BT routed into an aftermarket unit through the aux input, similar to what KHA did. This might open you up some more options.
That is why I started the thread. Having Bluetooth calling is a must have for me to go this route. If I am listening to the single DIN and a call comes in I want to be able to push one single button to answer. I want OEM simplicity in call answering regardless which source I am listening to.

With the head unit KHA is using there is more than one button to push to answer a call.

Alpine 149bt?
I like it better than the 80PRS. HD Radio is a plus and it has built in Bluetooth. USB will not play WAVE or FLAC files. For some reason the unit my impression of the is not of high quality though, seems more like a mid range product compared to some other options. I know it is the best single DIN Alpine offered in the US but it seems short on quality on what is offered in other markets.

I almost bought a CDA-137BTi which seems to be a better made unit but I made up my mind an hour too late. :(

·
Registered
295 Posts
For some reason the unit my impression of the is not of high quality though, seems more like a mid range product compared to some other options. I know it is the best single DIN Alpine offered in the US but it seems short on quality on what is offered in other markets. (
I have the CDE-HD149BT and I agree with this. There are some annoying bugs in the interface that make it feel like an unfinished product, like they rushed it out of the door without sufficient QA testing. Definitely not as refined as the P99 I had before it. I'm considering swapping it for the 80PRS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts