DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.... cars to listen to.

I'm new to car audio, my only experience being getting my wife's Camry fitted with a new HU and front speakers at some OC Al n Eds Autosounds.

I've got a bug to improve the stock system in my 2006 MINI Cooper. I have a plan for sound deadening but the audio side is a great mystery. I've started to read here and in other car audio forums. My mind is spinning from the huge variety of equipment options and the subjectivity of what sounds good.

I've decided the best thing for me to do (besides continued reading) is to listen to systems. So I'm looking for recommendations of shops where I can compare speakers and also if there are any members in Orange County (I live in Anaheim) who would let me listen to their set-ups and give me pointers.

Thanks much.

Paul

I see the IASCA Western US Regionals are in Riverside on Saturday, unfortunately I already have plans.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have either of you checked out Speakerworks in Orange?
They always have a couple of demo cars on hand to listen to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
.... cars to listen to.

I'm new to car audio, my only experience being getting my wife's Camry fitted with a new HU and front speakers at some OC Al n Eds Autosounds.

I've got a bug to improve the stock system in my 2006 MINI Cooper. I have a plan for sound deadening but the audio side is a great mystery. I've started to read here and in other car audio forums. My mind is spinning from the huge variety of equipment options and the subjectivity of what sounds good.

I've decided the best thing for me to do (besides continued reading) is to listen to systems. So I'm looking for recommendations of shops where I can compare speakers and also if there are any members in Orange County (I live in Anaheim) who would let me listen to their set-ups and give me pointers.

Thanks much.

Paul

I see the IASCA Western US Regionals are in Riverside on Saturday, unfortunately I already have plans.
951 352 1784 call and ask for Joe, I promise you know one is going to beat there prices and complete systems part for part and they are autorized for everything.. tell him Mike Reese sent ya..

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have either of you checked out Speakerworks in Orange?
They always have a couple of demo cars on hand to listen to.
Thanks for the tip. From web searching they looked like a good option but IMO its better to get a word-of-mouth recommendation.

951 352 1784 call and ask for Joe, I promise you know one is going to beat there prices and complete systems part for part and they are autorized for everything.. tell him Mike Reese sent ya..
Thanks, I will give him a holler.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Keep an eye on the 12 volt events. Every so often, The Socal Audio Mob posts Get Togethers. It usually involves hot cement, fatty meats, errant pizza boys and long sessions of bitching about the Bitone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts