DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm deployed and have way to much time to research what equipment to use. So for starters I intend to build a baffle to mount a 10" subwoofer under the rear passenger seat. For that I have pretty much decided on the Polk audio MM 1040. From everything I'm reading for the price and size(its about as deep as I can go based on the baffle I'm going for.) I can't really do much better. Not to mention has a grill to levy it. Also I was looking at the SD-2 10D2 - Sundown Audio 10" but in the long run don't think it's worth putting that much into just the sub. For the amp I'm thinking I'll make that decision when I feet home and get one from craigslist. Although if I didn't I've been eyeing the MRP-M500 - Alpine because I'm petty sure I can fit that under my passenger seat. Now my big issue is the mids and highs. So for the doors it's 6.5 and two 1" tweeters. The mounting depth is my biggest hindrance. The front is a max of 2 3/8" but apparently i can get to about 2 7/8" depth with a little modifying. The backs a little more forgiving at about 3". I'm really lost on what to go with. At first I was looking at CDT com626cr (but couldn't find much in the way of a review so i don't really know what they sound like. Then i was thinking of taking the easy way out and going with the Polk Audio db6501 for the front and the Polk Audio DB651 for the rear, but I don't like the ideas that they don't provide any mid bass. My system has to sound good playing metal. Specifically black metal.(think blast beats and full mids) I listen to lighter stuff also but BM is my favorite. Also the highs can't be ear piercing.( I have a wife and a five year old. Not to mention my hearing is already bad at high frequencies.) Initially I don't intend to run an amp for the 6.5s or tweeters, maybe later. Also I'm hoping to keep it to around $200ish total. For the head unit I'm looking at the pioneer app radio 2. Seems like the way to go considering I'm android all the way and don't even own an iPod. That's for any help. I really need it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts