DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

1. New to the community and looking for advice on an upcoming install in my 2006 Honda Civic. Specifically on the sub ( have decided going with a single 10" sub in sealed box) , components in front door, and amplifier. I'm thinking about the Arc Audio x2 850.5. Had one in the past and bridged channels 1-4 for components and 5 was used for a 10" W6V2 in a sealed box. Setup sounded somewhat impressive. Anyway just looking for suggestions on brands known for SQ and similar in price to JL and Arc. Been out of the game for quite awhile and could use some help cause I'm pretty excited to start this install!!! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
86 Posts
What’s your budget? I have that same amp and only does 225 RMS at 4 ohms. I’m running a Morel Primo 10” which hits pretty hard for that low wattage.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
JL 10W6 or AF GB10 would be my recommendations. You may want to look up ErinHs 2019(?) Civic build thread as he went with the JL W6 and his was a very high end install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JL 10W6 or AF GB10 would be my recommendations. You may want to look up ErinHs 2019(?) Civic build thread as he went with the JL W6 and his was a very high end install.
Keep hearing about audio frog. Know anything about their subs?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Andy Wehmeyer, the founder of Audiofrog, used to be one of the lead engineers at JBL for their car audio division. Really JBL doesn’t seem to have done much since Andy left but there could be multiple reasons for that. Audiofrog makes a high quality product and offers solid support. Audiofrog even has a forum and Andy has shared some great information there so if you go check it out you have the opportunity to learn a lot.

Audiofrog makes some high end speakers in the GB series along with the GB subs. One of the things the GB speakers are known for besides their quality is the installation accessories, which are pretty unique and definitely help to make a professional install. The GB25 is also pretty unique in that it is a small midrange speaker that can be placed where most speakers would only dream of yet that small speaker still performs great. And the GB60 midbasses are seen as some of the best 6.5” midrange/midbassspeakerson the market. There are two GB tweeters, the GB10, which is designed for use in a 3-way setup with the GB25 and GB60, and the GB15, which is a slightly larger tweeter for use with the GB60 in a 2-way setup.

I personally like SI subwoofers as they are beefier and higher excursion but they don’t offer a 10” sub. I don’t think you could go wrong with the Audiofrog GB subs or the JL W6. They aren’t the most exciting subs on the market but they are solid, solid performers at a good price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy Wehmeyer, the founder of Audiofrog, used to be one of the lead engineers at JBL for their car audio division. Really JBL doesn’t seem to have done much since Andy left but there could be multiple reasons for that. Audiofrog makes a high quality product and offers solid support. Audiofrog even has a forum and Andy has shared some great information there so if you go check it out you have the opportunity to learn a lot.

Audiofrog makes some high end speakers in the GB series along with the GB subs. One of the things the GB speakers are known for besides their quality is the installation accessories, which are pretty unique and definitely help to make a professional install. The GB25 is also pretty unique in that it is a small midrange speaker that can be placed where most speakers would only dream of yet that small speaker still performs great. And the GB60 midbasses are seen as some of the best 6.5” midrange/midbassspeakerson the market. There are two GB tweeters, the GB10, which is designed for use in a 3-way setup with the GB25 and GB60, and the GB15, which is a slightly larger tweeter for use with the GB60 in a 2-way setup.

I personally like SI subwoofers as they are beefier and higher excursion but they don’t offer a 10” sub. I don’t think you could go wrong with the Audiofrog GB subs or the JL W6. They aren’t the most exciting subs on the market but they are solid, solid performers at a good price.

Thanks!
SI ?? I'm curious

1 - 9 of 9 Posts