DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been out of the car audio game for a few years. The amp I have right now is an Audison Voce 5.1k, power wise this amp is perfect for me. I also ran it with the Bit Ten D. I love this setup and would love to use it again but this time space is limited.

I would like to go the amp/built in DSP route this time, to save space. What is currently out there besides the new DSP JLs? I would want either a 5ch or 6ch which can do at LEAST 600w for the subs.

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
I would like to go the amp/built in DSP route this time, to save space. What is currently out there besides the new DSP JLs? I would want either a 5ch or 6ch which can do at LEAST 600w for the subs.
Helix P Six, out to a P Two or M One

·
Registered
902 Posts
Helix P Six would probably be ur best bet for Amp/DSP combo. But the JL VXi is the only one that I can think of that’ll give you 600 on the sub channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if ch 5&6 on the Helix P6 DSP mk2 amp can be bridged? I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the specs.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Does anyone know if ch 5&6 on the Helix P6 DSP mk2 amp can be bridged? I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the specs.
I have had great success with the PSix as well but I don’t think that you can bridge 5&6. I will let the experts answer this one but I think that you can wire a DVC sub and get more power out of it that’s just the 120w per channel. It definitely wont be 500 - 600w

It is really a perfect setup for an active 3 way front with the sub out going to its own separate amp.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Nothing really perfect, at least for this kind of power. Have you thought about this combo: HELIX DSP MINI + MMATS HIFI 6150D.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What about the AudioControl D-6.1200? You can configure it to do 4 x 125 watts @ 4 ohms + 1 x 400 watts @ 4 ohms bridged. Built in DSP. Dimensions: 12.0″W x 8.0″D x 2.1″H.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The JL Audio VX1000/5i would meet your requirements. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

Best regards,

Manville Smith
JL Audio, Inc.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Manville! Thanks for your continued participation and availability to our hobby and the industry, man. You have always been a great ambassador.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The JL Audio VX1000/5i would meet your requirements. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

Best regards,

Manville Smith
JL Audio, Inc.
I know you helped me out in the past but Im honestly leaning away from the VX1000/5i. Reason being that front stage is a bit more important to me. The VX1000/5i lacks the power I (want) need.

That being said, JL needs to make a 5ch amp with 2x25, 2x150, and 1x800ish.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I know you helped me out in the past but Im honestly leaning away from the VX1000/5i. Reason being that front stage is a bit more important to me. The VX1000/5i lacks the power I (want) need.

That being said, JL needs to make a 5ch amp with 2x25, 2x150, and 1x800ish.

If you want/need more power, a VXi 6-ch can be configured to deliver 2x200W + 2x75W at 4 ohms. Add a sub amp to that and use the dsp in the VXi 6-ch to tune it all, including the sub amp. It’s still very compact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts