DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I have ATM in my tC:
Pioneer TS D1720C Comps up front (mid in kick panel, tweeter in dash)
Memphis Msync 6 in doors (plan on taking out to put in dedicated midbass, xover shot anyway)
Boston GT40 on mids and highs.
Two Dayton HO 10s in trunk....well hatch.
Have some infinity mids in the rear but theyre barely on.

Here's my issue. Low bass is very present and midrange and treble, also very present. I'd say somewhere around 100hz - 200hz is almost nonexistent. I have my HPF set at 80hz (63hz sometimes). LPF = 63hz (80 sometimes). So i would think these frequencies should be covered. But they are pretty much not there. :mad:
I think I would like to run a dedicated midbass. My amp is bridgeable down to 2 ohms and I can bandpass the midbasses from my amp giving them about 100-125rms each maybe more. Front doors are deadened and sealed (not the best job but meeh). I have to replace the Memphis M class comps anyway so figured I go ahead and shoot for that dedicated midbass I've always wanted to try anyway.

What midbass can i fit in the 2010 Scion tc door that will give me great midbass from about 300hz down to about 63, maybe 50hz? I have some exp. with tuning so i'll just play around with the x-overs to get the best blending I can.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Unless you find someone else with that car who has tested, you will have to tell us what you can fit and we will give you some suggestions. Are you saying you will go 3-way or are you just moving to a DIY 2-way system?

The speaker that I would recommend for what you are asking is Peerless SLS, but it's pretty deep. It might be tough to fit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless you find someone else with that car who has tested, you will have to tell us what you can fit and we will give you some suggestions. Are you saying you will go 3-way or are you just moving to a DIY 2-way system?

The speaker that I would recommend for what you are asking is Peerless SLS, but it's pretty deep. It might be tough to fit.
my bad, i know the front doors hold 6.5s ...as far as mounting depth....I'm not too sure to be honest. The biggest I've ever had in there is my current memphis and theyre quouted at 2.75mounting depth.
also at one time i had some XTC foam baffles in the doors which are quoted at 3.25 max speaker mounting depth in them and my passenger window just barely rubbed it.
and yes I am looking to setup a 3 way system.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hmm, well you MIGHT be able to fit the SLS, then, if you can fit a 1/2" speaker ring there. It's right around 3.25". Maybe even a 1/4" ring would be okay.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was gonna make some baffles anyway. How much do the peerless cost

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Friend of mine gave me some 1/2" spacers he ended up not using. Hopefully that's enough.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds like a pretty good deal. Saw some in the classifieds as well. how forgiving are they on the install? will they still give me NO MIDBASS until I completely seal my door?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump, hoping to move on something tomorrow. Anything else more sure to fit? that will sound just as good?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ttt....need a 2ohm 6.5 midbass no deeper than 3"..recommendations?

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
Ttt....need a 2ohm 6.5 midbass no deeper than 3"..recommendations?
that is gonna be tough. not many are 2ohms. the only one of the top of my head is the ID CSX62

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont NEED 2 ohm but id prefer it, either way I have 100-125 rms per speaker and need 3" or less mounting depth

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
found some of the old school kicker ssmb6s for 100 shipped on ebay new. pretty good for midbass? or what about cvt65? both shallow enough to fit. both have good prices. opinions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts